Chapter 9

Kyoko's pov.

we were given some time to get all our things together before meeting up at the creepy looking forest that i was a little afraid to go into. we were the only team of 4 so when the woman stops in front of us she looks confused. "look little kid you can't be here." she says as she looks down at me and i sigh a little before looking up at my team. "umm.. Kyoko is part of our team. she graduated the academy at the same time as we did." Sakura says and the woman looks doubtful but hands me a form anyway. we fill them out before we get a scroll and entering the forest. we made good time and i didn't pay much attention to what was going on but keep a close eye on Naruto. who to be honest probably shoulden't even be in the exams but whatever.

a day or two into the test Naruto got separated from us and i was going to go look for him when one of the sound ninja walks over and eats our scroll. it was really creepy and it turns out i knew said creepy ninja. i screamed when i saw him bite my uncle and he looks over at me. he drops Sasuke before lunging at me and i duck under his grasp not wanting him to get a hold of me at all. i was very afraid of this man in front of me and to make it worst he was chasing after me. "Sasuke." i yelp as he makes another grab at me and much to my surprised Sasuke throws himself over me keeping Orochimaru away from me. "this isn't over brat." he hisses before running off. the rest of the second part of the exam was a blur to me and i don't really remember what happened until we get to the end. there were to many people for the next part so we had to do fights but there weren't enough people so someone wasn't going to get to the end. i watch all the fights with held breath and by the time the last few fights were up i realized that my name hadn't been called up at all. "Don't worry Kyoko you'll get a fight." Naruto says as he pats my head.

in the end turns out i never got called for a fight so i didn't move on. not that i minded, i might have if things had been different but things happen for a reason i guess. i write a letter to dad telling him everything that happened even the whole Orochimaru thing which still had me really shaken up. i set the letter by my puppet on my bed side table before heading out to the living room where Sasuke was laying on the couch. he was going to go train with Kakashi and Naruto was training with some old man who i had never meet before. "Kyoko come over here." Sasuke says and i walk over letting him pull me up onto the couch with him so i was laying in front of him. he just holds me tightly to him as if i was going to disappear. "i'm leaving with Kakashi-sensei in a few days. i was thinking that you could go stay with Sakura when i'm gone." he says as he runs his fingers throw my hair. i stiffen a little before shaking my head slowly. "i'll be ok here besides Sakura doesn't really like me." i say as i roll over so i was looking at him. Sasuke gives a small sigh before he kisses the top of my head as if he didn't like the thought of me alone here.

"you can stay here but please check in with someone." Sasuke sighs before he pulls me closer and closing his eyes. "ok nii-chan." i mumble before i fall asleep next to him. when i get up i was in a bed but it wasn't in my room. i roll over and see Sasuke laying next to me asleep as well. i quietly get out of bed before leaving the room and give a small sigh when i realize that i was just in Sasuke's room. i walk to the kitchen and look out the window to see that it was getting late meaning it was just about dinner time. i start to get things out for dinner when there was a bang before Sasuke ran into the living room looking around wildly. "nii-chan are you alright?" i ask and his head snaps to look at me. he walks over quickly before hugging me and i drop what was in my hands.

Sasuke's pov.

when i get up Kyoko wasn't in my bed next to me. i had moved her after she had fallen asleep and i feel asleep next to her. i was a little panicked when i couldn't find her so i rush out of my room and into the living room before looking around wildly. "nii-chan are you alright?" Kyoko ask and i look over at her to see her in the kitchen before i walk over to her. i hug her tightly and was somewhat aware of her dropping something but i didn't care what it was at this moment. "Kyoko why didn't you wake me up when you left my room?" i ask and she sighs a little before trying to pull away from me. "i was hungry nii-chan." she mumbles and i let her go before looking at the mess that was dripping from her hands. "sorry." i say as i rub the back of my head and she giggles a little before cleaning up the mess. "dinner will be ready soon." she says and i sigh before walking over to the little table sitting down to watch her. she was working hard on whatever it was that she wanted to and i smile a little as batter, flower and a few other things stick to her face but that didn't make her smile disperse at all. when she was done cooking she starts the tea and sets the table not saying a word or even looking at me. it didn't take her long to get all the food on the table or to sit down accost from me.