Chapter 20

Kyoko's pov.

my head and eyes hurt as i open my eyes. the last thing i remembered was Tobi showing up and hugging me before i passed out. i had been shocked by that and i should have known better than to hug him. "your awake?" a deep voice asks making me jump a little. "calm down Kyoko it's just me. Tobi." the voice says making me frown a little. "you don't sound like Tobi. what's wrong with my eyes? why do they hurt so much?" i ask as i reach up to touch them only to be stopped by big hands. it was dark and i couldn't see anything, my eyes were covered by something. "you need to be careful, the transplant is healing. your father asked Kisame to make sure you got his eyes. your not going blind anymore." Tobi says and i frown a little as i let my hands drop to my lap. i didn't know if i should believe him or not. "i want to talk to Kisame." i say and he huffs a little. "fine, just keep your eyes covered. you don't want to damage your eyes." he says before leaving me alone. i had no idea how long he had me for or where i was and it was going to be hard getting back home when i couldn't see a thing. i needed to think hard about this one and come up with a plan quickly. maybe i would be lucky and i could get a message to Kakashi or even Naruto.

i whimper as pain shots throw my head and place my hands to it hoping it would stop soon. i could hear footsteps walking this way and my heart started to beat faster than it probably should be. "kid your ok." Kisame says and i could feel him touching my shoulders. i'm not sure what drove me to do it but i throw my arms around his neck holding him tightly to me. "Kisame it hurts so much." i say and he gives a small sigh before patting my back gently. "i know kid. i'm just doing what your dad asked me to. he said if anything happened to him i needed to make sure you get his eyes. transplant so you don't go blind. he was worried about you and wanted me to make sure nothing bad would happen to you." Kisame says as he rubs my back. i start to cry only making my eyes burn more than they already was making Kisame give a small sigh before pulling me up into his lap rocking me gently like daddy would when i was really upset when i was younger. "it's ok Kyoko. i got you. i'm right here." Kisame coos as he holds me gently still rocking me.

i couldn't help but lean into his warm body and take a deep breath smelling the familiar smell that i related to him. i grip the front of his top and he gives a small sigh, his warm breath hitting the top of my head and it helped to calm me down a little. my sobs start to turn lighter and i try to get closer to Kisame, he was safe, he would keep me safe from this so called Tobi. "Kisame is that really Tobi? he scares me." i whisper and Kisame gives a soft sigh before gripping me just a little tighter. "it's really Tobi. he's helping you just like he helped your uncle. your uncle will be here in a few days to see you. he's going to help you." Kisame says making me stiffen a little before tilting my head up so i could look up at him. i think i was looking up at him, after all my eyes were covered so for all i know i could just be looking at his chest. "i want to go home. Tobi took me from my home. i'm not even supposed to leave without sensei after getting out of my coma." i say feeling tears start to build again. Kisame stiffens a little before i feel fingers under my chin making me tilt my head up more than it already was. "what coma Kyoko? what happened to you?" he asks worry clear in his tone and i sniff a little. my head was hurting more now and my eyes burned as well as itched.

"when Pain nii-chan attacked the village i kind of got killed. no one will tell me how i did but when i came back i was kind of in a coma for a month. i just got out a week ago. i wasn't supposed to leave the village, i wasn't supposed to leave the house without sensei. they were worried about brain damage. i told Tobi that and he took me." i say and tears start to fall making him give a small sigh. "kid who did you save? Pain wouldn't have let you get killed however it happened." Kisame says as he cleans my face. "my sensei. he was fighting Pain nii-chan. sensei was going to get hurt i couldn't let ether one of them get hurt." i say and he sighs before shifting me a little so i was sitting more comfortably in his lap. "Kyoko your dumb, stupid, immature, selfish little brat but kami your dad loved you. never and i mean never do something like that again. your to young to die and i'll be damned if you do before you have a family of your own. now your going to sleep so you can heal." Kisame says as he shifts me once again so my head was resting on his shoulder and he runs his fingers throw my hair calming me down as well as helping to ease the pain in my head making it easier for me to fall asleep.