Chapter 15

Kyoko's pov.

the last month or two had been spent in hotels and small post towns as well as dad and Kisame teaching me as many new jutsu's as they could. i knew that something was wrong as i follow dad to where we were going. we pause outside of an old looking building and daddy looks down at me. "Kyoko come with me for now. i want to tell you about this place." he says as he offers me his hand. i knew he couldn't see me well and that his eye sight had been getting worst by the day so i allowed him to take my hand and lead me into the building that we had found. "this is one of the old Uchiha compounds. i wanted to bring you here some time ago but could never bring myself to." dad says as he walks over to a chair that was in the middle of the room. i follow him silently letting him tell me all about how this place was used as he sits in the chair and i was sitting in front of him on the ground. "Kyoko come sit on my lap." dad says as he holds out his hands to me and i walk over setting our bags down next to him and sitting on his lap letting him wrap his arms around my waist. "Kyoko i'm going to die tonight. your uncle is going to kill me and i want the last few moments i can have alone with you here and now. when i tell you to go you leave and find Kisame, he will help you get to some leaf ninja who will take you back." dad says and tears start to fall down my face. i didn't want my dad to die, i had thought long and hard about this and i wouldn't let him die without me there to take care of him.

"daddy no." i cry and he smooths down my hair before pulling me closer and letting me berry my face in his shoulder. "hush baby, it has to be this way." he says and i sniff a little knowing he was right, he always was seeing as how he was my daddy. "you need to be strong for me and don't cry any more. i don't want my last memory of you to be one where your crying." daddy says as he wipes the tears from my face. i was still wearing my Uchiha necklace and bracelet, the one thing that i loved the most that daddy had given me. i let my fingers rest on the small symbol around my neck as i look up at my dad who told me he was leaving me tonight. "alright daddy. i promise i won't cry." i say before placing my free hand against his face which makes him sigh and close his eyes. i don't know how long we sat there in silence not saying a word to each other because we both knew there was noting the other hadn't said at every opportunity. the silence was broken by my uncle Sasuke who looked surprised to see me sitting there on daddy's lap. "Kyoko?" Sasuke asks and i give a small wave over at him.

"Itachi what have you done to her?" Sasuke yell and dad pulls me closer to him, i lay my head on his chest making his body relax a little despite what was about to happen soon. "nothing, i haven't done anything to her." dad says as he waves a hand at my uncle. "Itachi don't lie to me. what happened to her eyes?" Sasuke yells again and i frown a little. "he didn't do anything to me. my eyes are this color not blue, that was my genjutsu that i used." i say and Sasuke gasps a little. i don't think he was expecting me to speak up at all. he rushes forward and was about to grab me but pauses when he sees the necklace around my neck that i had let go of to wave at him. Sasuke's confused face causes dad to chuckle a little. "i see you finally noticed. Kyoko say hello properly." dad says and i nod my head a little before looking right into Sasuke's eyes. "hello my name is Kyoko Uchiha. it's nice to finally meet you uncle Sasuke." i say and he takes several steps back from us. i hide my smile from him as i watch his shocked face for any sign that he understood what i had just said to him. "your an Uchiha? how? i don't understand." Sasuke says and dad shifts my weight a little catching Sasuke's attention. "she's my daughter, Sasuke she is your niece." dad says and Sasuke looks us over before finally nodding his head. "Kyoko it's time for you to go to Kisame." dad says and i fight back the tears that wanted to fall his words from earlier still ringing in my ears about how he didn't want his last memory of me to be one where i was crying. i stand and turn to look my dad over who was looking me up and down.

Sasuke hadn't said a word and was watching us as if he wasn't sure what was going on right at this moment. "sweetheart i love you and i always will. i know i'm not going to be around any more to help you when you needed it but i will watch over you no matter what." dad says before he hugs me and he places small kisses all over my face before whispering in my ear. "baby i love you forever and always. i will keep you safe even in the other life." he says before kissing the top of my head. we both knew he wasn't going to live throw this fight, this was the one fight that daddy was going to lose to save my uncle and i had to be strong for him. "i love you too daddy." i say and kiss his checks quickly before giving him one last hug. he lets me go and sits back in the chair letting me go and already i felt like my world was gone even throw my dad was sitting right there. i grab both of our bags knowing that daddy din't need his anymore and i was about to leave when Sasuke's hand on my arm stops me. "Kyoko i.....i'm glad to know the truth." Sasuke says before letting me go. i believe that they both had a silent understanding that there fight until i was away from here.