Chapter 4

Riley's POV***

I woke up to the sound of footsteps right in front of the door. I rose from my feet and slowly backed up.

"I don't think you should have done that Alek. She didn't do anything," A guy spoke, I remembered it, it was Marc's.

"Well I don't care I'm not taking the chance of losing her. I need a new toy. Anyways what happened to your mate. I know you found her, you look happier," Alek said.

"She had to leave to find her friend but I doubt she'll find her because you have her. But I'll seeing her tonight," Marc answered.

"Well it doesn't matter because she won't see her again," Alec laughed.

"Dude that's not funny. I know I agreed to protect you with my life but seriously, this is just wrong. Now let Riley go," Marc instructs. I hear the key go into the door and the door knob turned. I hid under the bed hoping they won't find me. I saw two pairs of socked feet walk in the room. I held my breath so they won't here me.

"Dude her scent is strong," Marc states.

"I know," Alek replied. I heard footsteps behind me. Then I yelp as someone wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me out. Marc gave me a sympathetic look and Alek stood over top of me.

We stayed that way in silence until Alek spoke, "Why were you under my bed?" I tried to move but Alek's legs just went closer together trapping me between.

"I- I um was uh-" I was cut off by Marc.

"Alek let her get up. Your scaring her," Alek moved away from me and I scurried to my feet. I stared at the ground not wanting to meet their gazes. "Answer my question missy," Alek ordered. I shivered again from the name, Alek's jaw clenched and his hands went into fists.

"I d- didn't want y- you to f- find me," I stutter. Alek slowly started to relax but his gaze didn't leave me. I closed my eyes wanting this to be a dream, then a tear slipped through my eyelids making someone wrap their arms around me trying to comfort me. I opened my eyes to see Marc holding me. I pulled back a little feeling ackward and he let go.

"You okay?" Marc asked.

"Don't worry about her. She doesn't mean anything now. So don't comfort her," Alek ordered.

Marc stared at Alek like he was talking to him without actually speaking out loud. Suddenly Alek growled and Marc backed off. Wait did he just growl.

"Now onto the rules," Alek spoke. I raised my hand not wanting to talk without permission. Alek nodded indicating that I could speak.

"Can I go home please. I need to go to work tonight," I asked. Alek starts to chuckle thinking it was a joke. I started to get angry so I crossed my arms not wanting to punch him.

"Your not leaving ever again missy so don't ask again," Alek said. I froze, I didn't know I was going to be staying. I wanted to leave, Alek really scared me.

"Now back to what I was saying. Rule number one..." I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying instead I sprinted out the bedroom door and went down the hallway trying to find an exit. All of a sudden Alek was in front of me and I slammed into him falling on the ground. Where did he come from?

"Why are you running away?" Alec questioned. I jumped on my feet and backed away until I felt a hard chest on my head, it was Marc. I was surrounded, no where to run. Alek stepped closer, he raised his hand and slapped me on the cheek. I fell to the ground and Marc backed up.

"Answer my question missy," Alek yelled. I started to cry from the pain and from his yelling. Alek grabs my upper arms and hoists me up. He let go and I was about to fall to the ground again until Marc grabbed me.

"Dude stop, your scaring her," Marc pleaded.

"I need to show her who is boss," Alek replied raising his hand again.

"Son what are you doing?" A man asked. He looked like Alek except for the eyes. His was grey and Alek's was electric blue.

"Dad she insulted me last night at the party and wanted you know what but I said no. She went in my room and started going through my stuff," Alek said giving his father a hurt face.

"Son, that doesn't mean you get to abuse her. I'll call her parents to tell them what she did and if they can pick her up," The man ordered. He stared at me waiting for me to answer.

"I didn't do that sir," I mumbled but he didn't care he wanted my parents names. I sighed knowing I won't win this fight.

"My mom is dead and I don't know where my dad is. I ran away," I answer.

"Well then where do you live?" The man asked.

"Well I did live in an apartment until this guy bought it and left me and my friend on the street," I said pointing to Alek.

"I didn't leave you on the street yet and I invited you here so you won't be all worried and so I could get a new toy," Alek confronted. Alek froze suddenly realizing he just spilt the truth.

The man stood in shock but then spoke, "Why did you lie to me Alek Samuel Anderson?"

"Dad come on, I don't like you using my full name and well it didn't matter because you would have let me use her either way," Alek assumed. The man walked past his son and held out a hand to me.

"I'm Xander Anderson but please call me Mr. Anderson," Mr. Anderson informed. I took his hand and he lightly shook it not wanting to hurt me.

"I'm Riley," I mumbled. He let go and looked at Marc.

"Marc can you please take Ms. Riley away so I can talk to my son," Mr. Anderson asked politely. Marc nodded and grabbed my hand pulling me downstairs. I followed Marc down two flights of stairs and into a different bedroom. One wall was covered with book shelves. A massive king sized bed was to the left and a desk was in the corner. The rest of the walls were painted white. It was a boring room but I liked it. Marc closed the door behind me. I heard someone yell upstairs. Marc went to the bed and laid back. I took a step than heard someone yell again. I knew that this was going to be a while.