Chapter 23

I stood there not knowing how to answer the question my father asked me. Ashley stood frozen not wanting to answer for me. While we stood there like stone structures I felt a gust of wind. I breathed in deeply to smell fresh rain and pineapples. I felt my eyes darken a little.

"What are you doing here my mate?" Alek asked wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Thats what I asked Ashley," I mumbled trying to sound calm but I really wanted to run right now.

Woooo!

We all snapped our heads to the direction of the noise to see it was Jacob, Seb, and Roddy in their wolf forms. I turned back to my father and he had three pairs of basketball shorts in hand. He threw them to the wolves feet and they all shifted. I felt sparks and saw darkness.

"Why are you covering my eyes Alek?" I groaned.

"Because you don't need to see that," I knew he was smirking but I quickly ripped his hand off my eyes. I heard a deep growl and a few chuckles. I opened my eyes to see Alek's eyes black and the boys had the shorts on. Someone cleared their throat and I turned my head to see it was my father.

"So Riley, are you going to answer my question?" He frowned.

"Why?" I snapped. I never stood up to my dad before but he didn't even care about me until now.

"Because I'm your father."

"YOU NEVER ACTED LIKE ONE TO ME!" I felt tears threatening to escape my eyes. At this point Alek wrapped his arms around me so I wouldn't attack.

"I... I had my reasons," He answered.

"What are they?"

"Thats none of your concern."

"YES THEY ARE! I was the one that got abused! I was the one that got hurt! I'm the one that lost my sister and mother right infront of me!-"

"WHY? Don't you ever think for anyone else? I did those things to protect you and the family," He yelled.

"Well it didn't seem that way," I mumbled.

"Oh really? You should try and learn the stuff I went through. Do you think it was easy for me to give Jacob away? Do you think it was easy for me to find out my daughter and Mate died? Do you know how hard it was to hurt you because I was told to?" He yelled. We stood frozen processing what he just said.

"Who told you to hurt me?" I asked. Tears falling on my cheeks.

"Your mother. She said that Katelyn had to die, that she would help us in the future. She said to protect Jacob, we had to give him away. She said you'll find eachother after. She said if she died I had to hurt you until Jacob shifted. She said I had to try and get your forgiveness after all of this. I- I'm just trying to do this for her. I promised I would do it. But no matter how much I couldn't she helped me get through it. I'm almost done. Please Riley, please forgive me. I'll do anything," My father pleaded.

Everyone's eyes were huge. I never thought my mother would tell him to do this.

"How did she know this would happen?" I asked.

"She was an ancient. The one before you. Jacob has some ancient. He's three quarters werewolf and a quarter ancient so he can shift. Katelyn was half werewolf, half ancient making Rouges attack her. And you are three quarters ancient and a quarter werewolf. So you cannot shift but when you are pregnant than your werewolf part takes over to protect the child and your mate may become very aggressive over this period of time until you give birth," He exclaims.

"What's percentage of Alek attaking me?" I asked worried.

"95%. Why do you ask?" He frowned.

"Because I'm pregnant," I replied.

At that moment Alek tightened his grip on me and Marc and Jacob tried to pry him off. Alek growled.

"Alek let go of her!" Marc yelled.

"No! She's mine!" Alek shouted making me whimper.

"Alek please let go. You're hurting me," I whimper. I felt myself teleport out of his grasp and right beside my father. He pulled me behind him protectively.

"Stand back blood sucker," My dad spat.

"No mutt," Alek growled.

"Your not thinking straight Alek. You need to stop before Riley and the baby gets hurt," Seb said.

Alek's eyes turned back to normal and he shook his head. He looked at me with pain and hurt and he took a step back.

"Ashley take Riley home. I think she needs to rest," My father ordered.

Ashley grabbed my hand and led me to the car. As we were walking to the car I turned to see all of them looking at us. I hopped into the passenger seat right beside Ashley.

"It's okay Riley. Alek won't hurt you. Your father has been researching about ancients and he'll help Alek. Beside he has all of us too," Ashley assured me.

"Okay. I just hope he won't hurt himself," I answered.

I turned up the radio to hear Superheroes by The Script playing and I leaned my head on the rattling window. And with that, Ashley started the car making the car roar to life and we drove off back to the mansion.

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

I know this is a short chapter but I wanted to put in this information.

If you want another chapter today I want 3 comments on this chapter. It can be anything that is positive.

Put it on this line.

But it has to be someone who hasn't commented on my story before.

So thanks to catgirl470 and catgirl_47 for commenting on my book. So you can still comment on my book but I won't count it as one of the 3 comments for and extra chapter today.

So....

Comment please.

Love ya all <3