Chapter 20

Kira at the top

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

It's been two months since Caleb's death and more Rouges are trying to attack us. What's worse is the shifters. They keep trying to take the women but they fail. Every person has to be with someone wherever you go. Alek's getting super stressed which is causing his gift to take control over him. He can't sleep, he's not eating, or hunting. I try and heal him but it doesn't work.
The good news is that I'm now two months pregnant. I'm just showing and that makes Alek more protective of me. I found out I'm a mimic, so that's how I could teleport. I can copy people's gifts. Aparently the mimic and healing gift was my original gifts and my sister was lightning. So when she died, she gave me her gift. I keep trying to train with the guys but Alek yells at them for letting me try. Also Jacob and I did some research and aparently our father gave Jacob away for his protection. So my dad wasn't always abusive as you can tell.
Right now I'm in a tree because Alek just yelled at me for not listening to him and trying to train.
Suddenly, I saw a swift movement below. I jump off the tree and look around. There was a large wolf print, Werewolf. I hear another swift movement and I chased it. I keep running as fast as I can even though it may be a shifter. I sniff the air quickly as I speed up. The scent isn't from our pack nor was it a shifter. I sped up to see I was on a grey wolf's tail. I jump on its back and we both went tumbling to the ground. I felt a shearing pain as my back hit a boulder roughly. I whimpered but quickly shook my head and looked up. I saw the wolf standing up and I jumped to my feet.

"Shift now," I order. The wolf does what I said and it turns into a beautiful girl. She was about one year older than me. She had brown eyes and brown hair. Her skin was flawless with a small scratch on her cheek.

"Please don't hurt me. I've been running from Rouges and I don't want to become one," The girl said.

"Why should I trust you?" I asked. The girl brought her hand infront of me. I felt a sudden breeze and when I opened my eyes, Alek was standing in front of me.

"What is your name?" Alek growled. I walk infront of Alek and he grabs my waist gently and pulled me against his hard, bare chest.

"It's Kira, sir," Kira replied taking a step back. I looked around and saw that Marc, Ashley, Emma, Jacob, and Seb was here.

"I'm Riley. You don't have to be scared he's just scared you will hurt the pack and coterie," I say with a smile. Her eyes widen and she takes a few more steps back.

"Y- you guys are the most powerful group in the world. Enemies living together. That's awsome, I've always wanted to meet you guys," She let out a breath of air. When she breathed in again, she closed her eyes. When she opened them, they were pure red. She looks to my right, and I see that Seb has the same color of eyes.

"Mate," He replies. He walks up to Kira and she takes a step back. He growls under his breath and that's when more pack and coterie members show up. Kira raises her hands over her head in a protective stance. That's when it hit me.

"Wait!" I shout. Everyone stops and stairs at me. "Seb don't take any more steps forward," I order. He nods his head and steps back a few steps.

"Everyone go back to what you were doing before. Except Ashley, Jacob, Marc, Emma, and Alek. Oh and Seb," I replied. Everyone left and Kira lowered her arms.

"Kira I want you to meet my mate Alek. His second in comand, Marc, and his mate Ashley. Alpha Jacob and his mate, Emma. And finally Seb, the beta. Or your mate. Don't worry he won't hurt you, he may take your candy though," I joked and we all started laughing as Seb's cheeks flushed but he quickly turned it into a frown.

"How about we lead you around?" Ashley asked.

"Yes we would love a tour," Kira chirped.

"We?" Emma and Jacob said in unison. We heard shuffling in a bush behind Kira. All of a sudden a boy comes out. He has shaggy brown hair, green eyes and tanned skin. He looks about 16 and his hands are trembling.

"Who's this?" Seb growled.

"He's my brother, Rodric but people call him Rodney. He just shifted and when he did, Rouges attacked us in the woods about 59 kilometers from here. We've been running since then," Kira finished. I saw the boy coughing and I smelt blood. I felt my eyes turn black and everyone grabbed me.

"Riley stop! Don't attack! He's one of us," Alek said holding my waist. I whimpered as my eyes turned back to normal and I fell on Alek's arms.

"Sorry about that, she has blood cravings because she's pregnant," Jacob confronted. Kira nodded. Seb and Jacob helped carry Rodney to the hospital wing as I whimpered in Alek's hold. Emma and Ashley helped Kira out and brought her to the hospital wing also to make sure she was okay.

"It's okay baby girl, do you need to hunt?" Alek whispered in my ear. I shook my head.

"Can we practice our gifts please," I mumbled. I heard Alek sigh.

"Fine. But let's do it out here so no one gets hurt," Alek replied and I smiled. He let me go and I teleported in a tree.

"Come on. Use your own gift," Alek groaned. I shot a lightning bolt right infront of him and he yelped. I felt myself being lifted in the air and I saw Alek using his hands to guide me to him. I giggled as I was four feet above him. I yelp when I felt him release his magic force field and I fell in his arms. He shoved his head in the crook of my neck as he sat on the ground. I grabbed a fist full of his shirt and closed my eyes. When I opened them again we were back in his room. I let go of his shirt and kissed his nose. As I moved my lips I saw his eyes were pitch black. I quickly scurried out of the room to the hospital wing. I need to apologize to Rodney and get away from Alek. You never know what will happen when his vampire takes over.