Stupid Baby Project

Back in Avery's world!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

ENJOY!

*

Last two classes, then the school day is over and we can practice. This will be my first ever football practice and I'm excited as hell. I can't wait for all this to pay off, to walk on the Knights field with the turf under my shoes. That sensation calms me and makes my heart rush at the same time.

For now, I must attend study hall which I would say, is the worst class I have this year. Forty students and Mr. Cole. Don't mind the teacher, it's the students I loathe.

Ivy and I have practically every class together except for this one. She took gym. Instead it's Austin and I. We climb the stairs to the upper level of the library and sit by Harry.

"Mind?" I ask, guessing his answer and sitting.

He grins from his AP Biology book, "I still can't believe y'all talk to me so openly."

"I can't believe it hasn't happened sooner. You're alright, Henry." Austin jokes.

"Harry." I correct.

Austin winks playfully, a glimmer in his brown eyes, "I know."

Daryl, Duke and Andrew approach us.

"People are being idiots." Andrew said, licking his lips.

"Can we sit?" Duke questions, eyebrows raised as he looks at me.

I go pink, "Uhh, s-s, go for it."

Harry blinks and adjusts his glasses, "Whoa. Total brain fart. Exactly what I dreamt of last night. The Pops begging for a seat at my round table."

"Pops?" Daryl places his binder down then pulls out a chair.

"The popular kids, you guys. The ones who run the school." Harry explains. I can tell he's not used to socializing with those he thinks highly of. Or maybe he's just not used to socializing period.

"We did." I hate not having my place in this school. Losing my standing in Stonehenge. It sucks yet I only have myself to blame. I could say it's Mothers fault for forcing the opinions of others to affect my way of thinking. I could say she's the reason I worry about what people might whisper behind my back, but I'm not. I need to listen to Grandpa and let folks talk.

Duke nudges my shoulder with his, "They're being retarded. You'll be the queen again." Butterflies flutter in my stomach and my chest loosens.

"But wait, isn't there more of y'all?" Daryl frowns.

"What do you mean?" Harry flips a few pages.

"Like the nerds, geeks, burnouts, skaters, loners, wanna-be's. Isn't there more of yous then us?"

Harry scratches his head, "Actually, yes, there are. While there are plenty of jocks and whatnot, the rest out weight you."

"Lets see, " Andrew says, "The goths, emos, cutters, teachers pets, white trash, bullies, sluts, and the juveniles."

"Don't forget the slackers." Austin adds.

I grin, "Or the social butterflies and the Drama club."

"And the snobs." Duke said.

We sit there, not bothering to study or work, favoring to list all the social norms at Stonehenge. Then Connor and his gang show up.

"Hey, babe." He kisses my cheek.

"Bleh." I wipe his spit. Disgust churn in me and my skin crawls.