Stay or Leave

Not so much drama here, I feel things should cool down a bit.

VOTE!

COMMENT!

*

"You got any plans after school?" I question as Drill and I walk to the football field.

"Nah, I have no life."

"Wanna watch Sprout while I practice? Afterwards we can grab something to eat."

"Sounds like fun." Drill takes over the stroll and diaper bag.

"Avery!"

I see my dad run up to me and Drill carrying a bag.

"Yeah?"

"Here."

I peek and see white cleats, the Nike symbol is hot pink. Beneath that I find matching socks.

"Thought you'd like them. Figured you would need something your size to practice in." Dad stands tall, obviously proud with himself.

I hug him, "You're the best."

"I also had a practice uniform, that should fit, put in your locker. Now. About cheer..."

"I'm retiring and giving Ivy the captain slot. If I'm going to play ball, it must be my priority." I reassure him.

"Excellent. Go change while I talk to?"

"Drill, coach."

I scamper to the girls' locker room. At my locker I grab the football and cheer outfits. One is what I should put on, the other is what I want to wear. The two fabrics are completely diverse and represent their respective sex. Girls are expected to prance about in a mini skirt while men stare. Guys are supposed to put on heavy protection for the game and crowd. I already knew which path I was meant to walk, it's high time I start jogging towards it. I toss aside the silly cheer clothes.

The pants are still a size off, but at least I get to wear them. Dad also bought under amour shirts, I grab a navy blue one and it fits perfectly.

I sit on the bench and trade my heels for the cleats as the girls start piling in and changing.

"Oh, look girls, the wanna-be is playing dress up." Hailey coos.

A few let go light giggles.

"You fucking hypocrite." Ivy walks in and bumps Hailey with her shoulder.

"Skank." Hailey mutters.

Lizzie walks in, "Like the socks, Av. By the way, are you still cheering?"

The girls stop what they're doing to stare at me. I finish tying my shoes and I grab a blue practice jersey and place it over the shoulder pads.

"Nope." I answer, "And I leave the captain ship to Ivy."

"What?! You can't! She's prego!" Hailey yells.

"Still your captain." I say.

With a evil grin, Ivy claps her hands, "As my first order, Hailey, your cheering days are done. You no longer belong on the team."

"Are you kidding?" Hailey threw her clothes on the floor.

"No, get out. Second order, Olivia, you're my co-captain. I'm going to have doctor appointments for my baby, can you cover me when I'm gone?"

Olivia grins, "You bet."

Hailey shrieks, "Fuck you! Fuck you all!" She then stomps out.

"Good. Ladies, that will happen to you also. I hear you bad talk me, my girl, or my man, pack your bags." No one moved, "Y'all are choosing to stay, cool with me. Friday we hold try outs. There's two empty spaces on this team. Be outside in ten." Ivy demands.