Future Plans

Josh Duhamel is who I picture to be Jed Skinner, Avery's dad.

After that last chapter I feel thing's got intense!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

ENJOY!

*

"Is she okay? What about the baby?" I immediately ask.

Dr. Cole put a hand up, silencing me. She's a simple woman with red hair, green eyes and freckles- also married to Mr. Cole. Together they were a power couple, always showing their support of the youth of Stonehenge. "Ivy is fine, so is the baby. She's only ten weeks in and her bump isn't too big. Luckily, Monroe didn't aim for her stomach too much. She's just scared."

I sigh and drop in my seat. I glance at Austin, until now, I ignored his tears but my best friend is in agony and needs to be pulled back. I gently rub his shoulder, he's stone cold, "Did you hear that? Our girl is alright."

"No," Austin wiped his face,"Ivy did not deserve that. She carries what could be my child, and even if it's not mine, she's my girlfriend. It's my job to protect her." He reached into his front pocket and he walked away, holding his phone to his ear.

"Don't worry about him, this won't send him to the Dark Side." Cash took Austin's spot and removed the ice pack from his head.

"Avery, your dad is on his way," Dr. Cole said.

I nod, I had expected this already.  After Monroe brutally tossed Ivy, Austin had got the same plate he fell on and smashed it on his fathers temple. Monroe was knocked out and Austin hurriedly herded us out of that forsaken trailer park and to the hospital. During the drive Ivy had remained unconscious, bleeding freely from a wound on her lower neck and this sent Austin into a frenzy. He had been speeding and as a result had flashing lights behind him. Needless to say, he didn't stop for the policeman and continued to drive. When Austin reached the hospital he lifted Ivy and ran through the doors. William was the officer tailing us and I explained the situation to him while Cash added elaborate details and Will was understanding and left to check if Monroe was still alive.

Sadly, the monster was fine and William hauled him to jail for the night. Currently William was standing guard at Ivy's door, just in case. The doctors had rushed Ivy to the emergency room on account of her pregnancy, leaving us to fend for ourselves. Austin slipped into a silent cocoon, not muttering a word, sitting calmly as his tears fell. I tried to coax Austin to eat, talk, blink, something  to show that he was alive inside but nothing worked. He refused to let a nurse check his head, instead pushing me and Cash to be poked at.

I was fine because I wasn't in Monroe's direct line of fire. Other than the pain in my ankle there wasn't much I needed. Cash had sliced a portion of his scalp, forcing the doctors to shave him bald in order to give him six stitches. Between Dad benching me, Cash being hurt, and Austin having this distraction it's looking like our game against the Lions is going to suck.

After a minute, Austin and my dad came to the waiting room. I rose, unsure of Dad's reaction because lately all I seem to do is disappointment him. Surprising me, he yanked me to his chest.

"Thank God," Dad mumbled into my hair.

I accept his hug and wrap my arms around him, "We're okay. Ivy and her baby are okay, too."

"You're still not playing next Friday." Dad kissed my forehead and embraced Cash in that way men do, "I'm killing your dad."

"Get in line," Cash laughed.

*

"Tired?" It's Monday afternoon and Dr. Cole finally allowed Ivy to have visitors.

Ivy looked frail laying on her bed in one of those awful gowns. She manged a weak smile on her cracked lips, "Ugly,"