Slamming Victory

VOTE!

COMMENT!

Tequan Richmond is to be Duke Jones. You may know him from Everybody Hates Chris. I always wanted him to be Duke, he sure is handsome enough.

*

"CARA NEELY!" People cheer and I stand there blankly. Cara bounces to Austin, he tries to back away but is forced to hold her as they take pictures for the year book.

Ivy comes to me, "Damn."

"Next year. Queen is better than lame old princess." I say, nudging her. She must feel horrible, yet, deep down I think we both knew the outcome.

She smiles, "You're right. Let Cara have this one. At least Hailey didn't win, then I would have to hit her."

Austin jogs to Ivy and places his crown on her head, "You're royal to me." He kisses her.

"Bleh." I say, dragging Duke. As we walk to get some water, I look at our hands intertwined. We still haven't had our first kiss as a couple. Each time he'd lean in, I'd get nervous and distract myself with the grass or sky or rock. I'm such a chicken.

"And, don't forget spirit king and queen. These two students were the most excited and enthusiastic about homecoming. They not only dressed up, but they went beyond the stars. Your spirit king is, CASH KEYES!"

I clap as Cash receives a blue and black crown with the word Spirit on it. He did a back flip, earning cheers.

"Spirit queen is, ROSIE IDOL!"

*

While our defense tries to keep the Warriors from scoring, I tell Dad, "Austin gets the rest of this quarter."

Dad glances at the score borad 31-28 then to Austin, who is yelling at our teammates to "block the mofos! Don't let 'em pass you, you're big boys. Get Outlaw, damnit!"

Dad hits my back with his clip borad, "You sure?"

"Positive. He needs playing time and hasn't had it since I've been here." The whole point of me doing this is to improve the Knights football team. To get recognized as a high school team not because they have a female player, but because they have talent and are driven.

"Okay."

I face the game. Just as Hollis gets ready to throw the ball, Joel Yates had wormed his way to him. Not only did Yates tackle the QB, but he got the ball and began running with it.

I drop my helmet and follow Yates, "Hell yeah! Go, run! Boy, that'll get you a scholarship!" I yell keeping stride with him. He out ran the Warriors and rolled into the endzone.

"Knights score! That was Joel Yates, way to go!"

Josh kicked the field goal, but he was clumsy. The ball went to a Warrior!

He reacted quickly, none of the Knights knew what was going on.

"Incomplete!" I hollar, "Get him! 37 has the ball. C'mon, don't let the douche score!"

A ref points at me, "Mouth, young lady."

I roll my eyes. Robin Zachery trails behind the Warrior, but he's not fast enough.

"And the Warriors return with a touchdown." Mr. Wilson said with much attitude.

They made the field goal.

"37-35."

The Knights take the field to recieve the kick as Dad pulls me aside, "You sure Austin should go out?"