Chapter 6

Annabeth

The girls and I all sat down at the dining room table, waiting for the remainder of the food to be cooked. Piper was feeling a tad sick, being in the 2nd trimester and whatnot so she went to lay down. 

"Man, I do not miss that" said Thalia, commenting on Piper's sickness. I nodded, "Gee, I can't wait" I muttered, rubbing my own stomach. I wasn't as big as Piper yet but I was getting there. Piper still had her disease (passing out due to stress) but not nearly as bad. 

"Leo wants another kid but, I just don't know yet" sighed Thalia. I nodded, it was hard for Thalia. Whenever Thomas got fussy, he would flame up. He couldn't control himself, Thalia couldn't touch him without being burned. It was especially hard when he was little. 

"Maybe the next one won't inherit Leo's powers" Hazel said with a smile, trying to remain upbeat. "Its really 50/50" I added. Thalia just smiled sadly. "I know Frank wants lots of kids but we've been married for less than a year" Hazel said softly. 

Thalia and I both laughed. "Honey, that doesn't mean a thing. I wasn't even in a relationship when I got pregnant. My son was at my wedding" Thalia chuckled. "I got knocked up on my wedding night, there was a whole prophecy about it" I replied still smiling. 

"Could you imagine, a little baby turning into a lion or a snake" Hazel said, already stressing about it. Thalia laughed even harder, clapping Hazel's shoulder. "It'll be cute!" I said. Hazel's eyes widened. "What if it turns into an elephant while its in my arms! I'll be crushed!" she cried. 

"Oh honey, you'll find a way around it. Zoe sends tidal waves from the ocean onto the house on occasion, Thomas catches on fire, Chris flys and none of them are in the least hurt because of it" I said softly. 

"Didn't Charlie have brain damage like 3 days ago?" Hazel said skeptically. I sighed, "He ran into a wall and there was no damage, it was all fine". Thalia scoffed, "I hardly call brain surgery fine" she said. 

"He's perfectly okay now, thats what counts" I said softly. "Annabeth!" exclaimed Percy as he ran in. I looked up at him with a smile. "Uh, hamburgers and hotdogs are ready" he said with a grin. I turned back to the girls. "Ladies? Shall we?"I asked. The girls nodded as we all stood up to leave. 

"I'll get Piper, meet you out there?" said Thalia heading towards the back room. I nodded, grabbing a plate of watermelon to bring outside. 

The backyard looked lovely. The sun was setting over the ocean, on the patio was a large picnic table with lights strung all over the deck and awning (How do you spell that?). "Its beautiful" I whispered. Percy smiled that perfect half-smile of his. "Yeah" he said, not bothering to look around us but his eyes remained on me. 

I blushed as I sat down next to Charlie and Zoe. "Shall I say grace?" Jason said from the other end of the table. "Of course you can Jason Grace" Leo said with a big smile on his face. Thalia punched his arm causing little Thomas to giggle from Leo's lap. "Was that necessary?" Thalia said in a hushed and angry tone. It was going to be a long dinner if Leo continued with these puns. 

Jason ignored him before he began to speak, "We thank you gods for this meal, we thank you for our friendships and family, we thank you for the peace and happiness you have brought us and we thank you for all the love you have bestowed upon every one of us. I speak for all of us when I say, this friendship is the best thing that has ever happened to any of us". 

Everyone nodded in agreement. One by one, we all stood up, plates in hand as we walked towards the fire. We gave our offerings.

When I got up there, I had Zoe in one arm and our offerings in the other. "Mommy, why do we put our food in the fire?" she asked softly. "Its for the gods dear, to thank them" I explained, putting a hotdog from my plate and a few grapes from Zoe's in my hand. "Say it with me, Thank you Athena, thank you Posiedon" I whispered. "Thanks grandmother, thanks Papa" Zoe said waving at the fire.