Chapter 12

Annabeth

I stood alone in the great halls of the castle. A cool air filled these empty corridors along with a slight fog set me on edge. I roamed each hall, taking caution with each step. I had been exploring this silent building for almost half a day. Each room, hallway and opening seemed to have no end. 

Despite being trapped in this endless castle, I almost didn't mind it. The arcutectural skills required to build such a structure was quite frankly, mind-blowing. There were things that even I didn't understand nor have I ever seen in my world. 

This place was stunning, every room, every detail was redefined and jaw-dropping. From the high arches to the crown molding, everything was taken into extreme detail. It reminded me of Hogwarts, another masterpiece of arcutecture. I had always wanted to visit but only children of Gods that possess the power to bend the mist were allowed to attend. But the building of Hogwarts, I had seen the blueprints and knew the entire castle like the back of my hand. This particular structure I was in was very similar. I was in love.  

Of course, this feeling of wonderment did not last long. It took me minutes to realize I was alone, I was not pregnant and I was uninjured and dressed in traditional white Greek robes. I didn't know what was going on exactly. For a while, I screamed and called for help, hoping someone would hear me and tell me what the fuck was going on but no one came. 

Somehow, I wandered into what looked like an enclosed garden. It was the first sunlight I had seen so I was hoping this was my way out. Suddenly, a noise came from behind me. I whirled around and saw Luke, dressed in similar robes as I. 

"Luke" I exclaimed, running to him. He smiled, embracing me in a huge bear hug. "Thank gods you're here!" Luke whispered. I nodded, pressing myself into his chest. I didn't want to let go, I was afraid that if I did, he'd be gone again. 

"What's going on?" I asked, after we had separated. Luke frowned, "I was hoping you would know. I can hear whispers on voices. Some sound like Thalia, others are unfamiliar. They said something about a coma?" Luke said, his eyebrows coming together. I remembered this face, it was his thinking face. He made it when he was confused. I thought it was halarious when I was little. 

"Gods" I gasped, cupping my mouth with my hand. "What? Do you know something?" asked Luke, stepping forward and putting his hands on my shoulders. I put on hand on my stomach. "I was going into surgery on my baby. I think something went wrong" I whispered. 

Luke gave me a heavy sigh, wrapping his am around me. "I'm sure you and your baby are just fine. Hey, we don't know what this place is. Maybe its a labrynth. I'm not sure how or why we are here but its important to hold on to hope" he said giving me a half smile. 

I nodded, forcing back my fears. I hated him seeing me weak like that. The two of us sat down in the grass surrounding a large refelction pool. "Have you seen anyone else here? Animals? Monsters? Any sort of life?" I asked, crossing my legs and facing him. 

Luke shook his head. "Not a thing, I was alone for what must have been a day or so until you came" he said softly. I frowned, "You were alone for a day in here? Are you hungry? I haven't seen any toilets" I replied.

 Luke shook his head, "I'm not hungry, in fact, I feel very full even. I haven't found a toilet but I haven't needed one. But I am very tired all the time but when I sleep, the voices get louder and it hurts my head". 

I nodded, I too was very tired. Earlier in the day, I tried to rest my eyes. I heard constant beeping and soft voices around me. It sounded like Percy but I couldn't catch what he was saying. Luke was right, it gave me a big head ache. 

"We should stay awake tonight, which I suspect will arrive shortly" said Luke, looking up at the sky. A smile crept upon his face and I knew what he was thinking. "What time is it?" he asked me in an all too familiar tone.