Chapter 43

Nicole's p.o.v

I sat down on the edge of my bed and just thought. Thought about Nash, thought about everything that happened throughout the time living with them. I heard a swift knock at the door and I already knew that it was Sam. "Come in," I shouted.

He opened the door and looked at me with guilty eyes. "Hey, um can we talk." His voice was shaky. I nodded my head yes as I gulped. Giving him my full attention he began to talk. "So um. Nash and I kinda got into an argument about you. He cussed me out and now he's coming here in a few days." My eyes nearly popped out of my head as my anxiety levels went up.

I ran downstairs and grabbed one of moms cigarettes and lit one up. "Nicole what are you doing," he yelled, trying to snatch the cigarette out of my hand. "Stop, you betrayed me, you told me that you would keep him away," I shouted, taking another puff.

"You have lung cancer, Nicole." He screeched. I grabbed the rest of the pack and pushed him away, locking myself in the attic. One by one I smoked the rest of the cigarettes until I noticed that a letter had slid under the door. I picked it up and ripped it in half, not caring what it said.

I grabbed my phone and looked through all the old memories of Nash and I and couldn't contain myself. I deleted all the pictures and all the texts and went back to my room where Sam lied, crying. I stood at the door and held my arms out. "Come here," I started to cry again.

He looked up at me with tears still in his eyes and hugged me tighter then ever before. "I'm sorry, I really tried. I guess I'm just not good enough for you," He cried. "No no no your all wrong, Sam your the best I ever had," I held his jawline and looked him in the eyes.

It's true that he betrayed me but maybe I'm just making a huge deal about it. I looked at his watch and saw that it was 3:59pm. "It's almost 4:00." My voice was raspy and my eyes were red.

"Should we go." His voice was raspy too. I nodded my head yes and with that we walked out the door. We didn't really know where to go so we winged it and went to the movies then Taco Bell. Best date ever.