Mission 13: Worked Up and Worked Out

It wasn't even dawn when Phil called Stiles to get up because he had cardio training. Stiles bleakly listened to his uncle as he tried to untangle from a very cuddly octopus werewolf. He fell off the bed when Jackson suddenly let go of him. He swore Jackson did it on purpose. He could hear him snickering silently.

Stiles went to the small living space outside their bedroom, listening absently as his uncle went on his training schedule. He flopped head first on the sofa and made a happy noise behind his throat.

"You're flopped on the sofa, aren't you?" Phil asked.

"Yeah." Stiles answered.

"And you barely listened to what I said."

"Yeah."

Stiles could hear the heavy yet fond sigh from his uncle. "I'll just send in Steve then to fetch you."

"Okay."

"Captain America will fetch you, Stiles. Be ready." Phil reiterated sternly. Stiles really should have listened to his uncle but he was far too sleepy to care for any scolding he would definitely suffer the next time he meets up with his uncle. He barely noticed his uncle saying goodbye.

After his uncle hanged up, Stiles fell back asleep the following second.

Stiles heard a knock on the door and promptly ignore it in favor of getting more sleep. But it was clear that whoever was behind the door wouldn't be leaving anytime soon if the insistent knocking was anything to go by.

Stiles stretched and got up. Yawning, he opened the door. Stiles paused mid yawn when he recognized just who was in front of me.

"Oh fuck me." Stiles cursed, remembering his uncle's words. Steve looked startled and begun to blush. Stiles grimaced at what he said. "I mean Good Morning, Cap."

"Good morning." Steve greeted back.

"Come in!" Stiles stepped aside to let the super soldier in. "Oh God. I'm so sorry. I did not mean to make you wait. It's just that I was not actively listening to Phil when he told me you were coming to fetch me. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay, Stiles." Steve said, calmly and can't help smiling at the teen. Stiles walked backwards to his room, telling Steve to wait for him, that he would just change, that it would take just a minute and wouldn't take long.

"Stiles, behind-" Steve tried to warn the younger teen. But then Stiles stumbled over the sofa. "-you."

Stiles swiftly got up. "I'm okay." He said before he dashed to his bedroom. He hurriedly search for his jogging attire.

"What's going on?" Jackson asked as he watched Stiles digging through his clothes.

"Jogging with Cap."

"I see." Jackson said all-knowingly.

"What's that tone supposed to mean?"

"What tone?" Jackson asked innocently.

Stiles glared at the werewolf languidly stretched out on his bed.

"That tone! Like I'm going to do something explicitly nasty."

"Weren't you?" Jackson challenged.

"No." Jackson just raised a perfectly thick eyebrow, unimpressed. Stiles groaned. "Maybe. But I won't because Uncle Phil will have my balls. Not to mention the entire country. I'm not that suicidal."

"Like that will ever stop you."

Stiles pointed a very offended finger at the werewolf.

"Don't even bother denying it." Jackson cut in before Stiles could even start to defend himself. "If you have a small amount of self-preservation, you wouldn't have trailing after Lydia all these years. Or the fact that you looked for dead bodies in the woods. Not to mention chasing after me when I was a kanima."