Mission 29: Ripple

A/N: Sorry for the long hiatus. Been very busy with other stuff in my personal life. A heads up guys, some of the magic mechanics here are a bit shitty because  of my personal preference and lack of source material. And my inaccurate iunderstanding of other things.

When Stiles returned, Steve was frowning heavily. Looks like he missed a nasty chunk of information. Stiles put the first aid kit on the table and the hoodies he took from his closet.

"What's going on?" Stiles asked as he prepared the materials for treating Steve's wound.

Steve bit his lips. "I'll let Thor explain." He said and put the phone on speaker.

"Stiles what you fought against is called the Aether. It's very powerful. We have to find it. Do you know where it went?"

"I don't know. I was trying to separate it from Dr. Doom. But then it started taking all of my magic and out of desperation to get away from it, I blasted. The container exploded. But after that, both Doom and the Aether was gone." Then Stiles remembered he was thinking of the Time stone that time. Maybe... just maybe... "Kathmandu. I have a feeling it went there."

Stiles heard several people at the back ground but he couldn't understand what they were saying. "Thor, this Aether thing. It feels like an Infinity Stone."

"That's because it is one. Its true name is the Reality Stone."

Stiles shivered. Something deep within his soul reacted to the name and he didn't know how to feel about it. He could see Steve was unsettled by the name as well.

There was some chatter then Jackson's voice came through. "Stiles, are you okay?"

Stiles looked at Steve, mouthing 'what he should say?'. Steve mouthed, 'The truth.'

Stiles took a deep breath, "We're out of imminent death but we're still in danger. But we're working on it. Me and Steve won't be able to join you immediately. We have to meet someone here in Beacon Hills to help with our current situation."

"Why? What happened?"

"Well long story short, I made a risky move and we now have only a few days to live. But I think Deaton may be able to help us."

"Stiles! I'm coming there."

"No." Stiles said, sternly.

"What? Why?"

"I need you there. The Aether absorbed my magic. If it's still there, I need you to sense it out."

"Wouldn't you do better at that?"

"I can't. I don't have magic right now. I've used all of it and I can't make anytime soon."

Jackson growled menacingly. He wanted to send Jackson some reassurance but the bond was muted like it wasn't even there. He couldn't touch it like usual.

"Stiles, you're in a very bad shape. I need to be there with you. You're my pack. The best I had ever had. I can't go out there knowing you are in danger." The worry and fear in Jackson's voice wrung his heart so much.

"I know. But I need you there. We signed up to be Avengers, Jackson. And the fate of the world is calling us out. Right now it needs you more that I need you."

"But Stiles-"

"I'm gonna be fine. You of all the people should know that. Besides, I've got people here whom I can count on. So don't worry about me."

Jackson growled in frustration. "They better help you or I'll beat their ass. And you better not die without me or I'll kill you myself."

Stiles chucked. "I love you too buddy." He can see Steve smiling at that. "We'll join you as soon as we can."