Mission 25: Shining Brighter

A/N: Okay, so I might have overestimated my writing capabilities and underestimated my addiction of Marvel Future Fight. I did not meet my timeline. I wasn't able to finish this story by the end of year 2017. Sorry about that.  I did not intend to write this chapter. Like non of this was planned but god, it just keeps popping in my head, like it fucking makes sense that it had to be written. Like I'm not writing the Story anymore, It's just unfolding right in front of me. As always, unbetad and all mistakes are mine. I appreciate every single correction. Hope you enjoy it.

It took a lot of effort. But it seemed the payoff was worthy. The sky was lit with red, blue and white twinkling orbs of light that resembled his shield. It was lazily rotating like a giant luminescent Ferris wheel. Unlike the other fireworks, it didn't fade the next second. Instead, it stayed illuminating the sky for several minutes. It would still be there until Stiles dismiss it or he runs out of magic. The look of surprise on Steve's face, the way his eyes sparkled with wonder, tracing the otherworldly spectacle. It pierced a warm satisfaction deep in Stiles' heart.

"I couldn't move the stars to draw your shield in the sky. They aren't mine to command. So I made my own. I hope you like it." Stiles said. Steve turned to face him, amazed at the spectacle he was witnessing.

"They're stars?" Steve asked, incredulously and he looked back at them. His eyes were glinting with startlight.

"Technically a magical glinting orb of light but yeah... stars." Stiles answered.

The spell was simple enough. But it wasn't made for a show or serve as party lights. It was intended to ward off evil, and burn them if they come close. It would purify the land of bad aura and spirits. People who were under its light were cleansed of evil thoughts and influences. It was a powerful purifying spell and it was quickly burning through Stiles' magic. Stiles didn't mind though. He had more than enough to make it through the night. The view it makes is spectacular and by the way Steve was watching it, it was more than worth it.

The light inside the room started to dim. Stiles saw Jackson, Clint, Bruce and Thor wheeling in his surprise. It took a more than a day to make. He even had to send a magical clone to school so he can have enough time to prepare. He wanted to make it by himself, all effort from him and no one else.

Stiles ceased the spell. The magical sight in the sky begun to fade. Still, Steve kept looking at it, savoring its last moments.

Stiles magically lit the candles on his surprise and right on cue, the singing started. Steve was startled out his reverie. He turned around and found a lot of people singing him a happy birthday. In the middle of it was a two feet wide cake that was molded to look like his shield, with some art materials made of pastry littered artistically around it.

Steve smiled widely, caught surprised. He thanked everyone before blowing the cake.

"Is this the reason why you were avoiding me the past few days?" Steve asked, knowingly. Stiles nodded almost shyly. "This is so much Stiles. I appreciate it but you didn't have to. You know I wouldn't might if you simply greet me."

Stiles rubbed the back of his head as looked up, smiling guilty at Steve. "I'm aware of that but I couldn't help it."

"Stiles like to make it big or go home. He even got Lydia a flat screen TV on his birthday." Jackson interjected.

"Lydia?" Steve asked.

"My ex-girlfriend who was his previous crush." Jackson said. "He likes to give all he got to people who are special to him."