Mission 32: Bond

A/N: So we're finally here. After 4 years, we're done. Sorry for the long wait. Thank you for riding with me through this very very long journey. As always enjoy.

Everyone watched the spaceships fired their weapons to the Earth with breath held tightly and fear gripping in hearts. When it cleared and the Earth was still whole, everyone cheered. Then, Stiles' barrier glowed bright white and a beam of pure white light shot up the sky. It shattered the ships' shield, some were even destroyed.

But Steve was afraid, because he knew this light, he knew this power. When the white light receded, their bond that was singing loud and clear earlier was beginning to get quite and dull.

"No." Steve whispered fearfully. He called out to Stiles but there was no answer. He couldn't feel what Stiles was feeling. He fell onto his knees. He was losing Stiles and He didn't know how to stop it.

Then he felt it. He felt the second Stiles' heart stopped and their bond became but a silent string. Someone called his name but he can't focus on it. He couldn't focus on anything but the ringing silence of his soul. He couldn't feel Stiles anymore. He didn't know what to do. The Earth stood whole but he was breaking apart.

Someone touched his shoulder and knelt in front of him asking if he was okay. He looked up to see Natasha looking at him worriedly. His vision became burry.

"Stiles." He whispered the name sorrowfully and felt tears running down his cheeks.

Natasha understood and her fear for the boy became evident. "Somebody check on Agent Stilinski!" She ordered. She turned back to him and cupped his face. "Steve. It's gonna be okay. We'll save him."

Steve shook his head because he knew Stiles was gone. He knew it before someone told them that Jackson was giving him a CPR and the medics were on their way. He knew that Stiles heart wasn't beating anymore.

He asked him to do the impossible and it took everything he had. This was his fault. He knew Stiles couldn't do it anymore but he asked anyway because they needed a miracle and Stiles would do anything for the people he loved. Steve would give anything for even just a chance to save the man he loved, to let his heart beat for both of them.

Then Steve remembered he died too. He was brought back from dead and Stiles gave him his heart. Stiles wasn't completely gone. He had a piece of Stiles inside him. A glimmer of hope bloomed inside his chest. They had a connection. He could do the same. He could still save Stiles. He couldn't let him go without a fight. Not yet. Not ever.

Steve forced himself to pull himself together. He needed just one shot, just one heartbeat, and he would never let go.

Steve called his lifeforce, called for it in every fiber of his being, down to his very soul. He begun to glow. He grasped at the lifeless string of their bond and let his lifeforce surge through it like fire. But something stopped him from reaching Stiles, a wall he couldn't push nor break no matter how much he pushed.

He couldn't give up. Stiles didn't give up on him. He had no right to do any less. He recalled all the times they spent together. He recalled the way Stiles made him feel. How he looked forward to the times they could be together. And he pushed all the into their bond. He needed to let him know how much he loved him and how he would always love him.

The wall shattered and Steve pulled as hard as he could. Their bond blazed like fire and he could feel Stiles again. It was faint and faded. When he called for him, he didn't answer. But he was there.

"Steve?" Natasha called him.

He looked around and everybody was looking at him. Agent Coulson was kneeling beside him with tears running down his eyes. "His heart is beating again." The man said with a smile.