Chapter 7

It was the weekend and you were both relaxing in your dorm room. At least, that's what you thought, anyway. "Hey quit hitting me with your stupid staff!" "You're the one who said that I was a heartbroken crybaby!" "Alright! That's enough you two!" "I swear Alchemic Magician only bothers Valkyria just to entertain herself." "Sometimes I think that Alchemic Magician acts like that just for her own sake, Dark Magician Girl." "What are you even doing anyway?" "Trying to see if Alexis is free or not." "I understand, you probably want to see someone else after everything that's happened." "Exactly. Besides, there's a history final I promised I would help her study for." "I'm sure Jaden would probably fall asleep if you tried to study with him." You giggle to yourself, "Probably. He's still asleep anyway. This is my chance to sneak out." Valkyria said, "You are not sneaking out!" Dark Magician Girl objects, "She's not sneaking out, Valkyria. She's just meeting with the Obelisk girl for a study session." Valkyria asks, "Since when do you have a study session with Alexis?" "Since she asked me to help her not fail this final. Apparently, the grade is worth a lot." You hear a yawn, "Morning Y/N." You greet Jaden, "Morning, sleepyhead." Jaden asks, "Where are you off to?" You answer, "Alexis needs someone to study with for the history final and I thought that I would keep her company." "Told you that he wouldn't really care." "Not now, Valkyria." You add, "I should get going. See you later, Jay." As you were about to leave, Jaden had suddenly pulled you back. "Jaden!" Jaden asks, "Can't you tell Alexis that you'll be a bit late?" You pry yourself from him and answer, "No, Jaden, as much as I want to, I can't. I already promised her that I would be there." Jaden answers, "Fine. I guess I shouldn't keep you any longer." Jaden kisses your cheek and you turn beet red. You quickly compose yourself, and practically run out the door. Jaden shakes his head, "I swear, she's like a sponge when it comes to gathering information."

"Why did you run out like that?" "I didn't think that he would react like that!" "Well you can freak out later, Alexis is waiting for you." "I hope she doesn't question why I'm late." You see Alexis sitting on the grass with a pile of books beside her. "Alexis!" The female Obelisk turns around and waves. You ask, "Have you been waiting long?" She shook her head, "I just got here too. Jasmine and Mindy kept bothering me over something." You ask, "Who are Jasmine and Mindy?" Alexis answers, "They're just friends of mine who are in the same dorm as me." You ask, "Want to get started?" "Sure." Alexis asks, "What's Jaden doing?" You shrug, "Probably sleeping, why do you ask?" Alexis answers, "No reason. It's just that Jaden talks about you a lot of the time." You blush, "Really?" Alexis replies, "Yeah and he talks about you majority of the time. He always talks about how cool your monsters are or something along those lines." You said, "Sounds like Jaden alright." "It sounds like Slifer boy has a crush on you!" "Now is not the time for an interrogation, Alchemic Magician. Also, don't call him Slifer boy!" Alexis adds, "Speak of the devil himself." You turn and see Jaden standing with Syrus. "Good morning Syrus. Jaden I thought you would be sleeping right now." Syrus begins to laugh and Jaden protests, "I do not sleep all the time!" You respond, "Oh really? Then why are you ALWAYS asleep during class?" That definitely shut him up. Syrus stops and remembers, "Hey Y/N, did you hear about the tag duel tournament coming up soon?" "That sounds interesting." "Yeah but it's not like I'm going to enter or anything. I don't even have a partner for crying out loud!" "No I haven't." Syrus explains, "Well apparently everyone is put into teams by staff and duels each other until there are only two teams left." You said, "I'm guessing whichever team beats the other is the champion?" Jaden answers, "Wow, Sy. It's like she read your mind or something." You roll your eyes, "It doesn't take a mind reader to put together something like that, Jaden." Jaden asks, "Still studying?" Alexis said, "Honestly, I give up. This entire topic is way too confusing." You recite, "Shadow demons are nocturnal creatures who prey on the souls of human beings. Even though they are nocturnal, legend says that they are linked to the disappearances of many well known upper class citizens of the land of Aeron. Aeron was a dark and unhappy place to be, it was rumoured to be called 'the throne of the shadows'. Shadow demons fed human souls to their goddess Noxaura. Noxaura was once a powerful maiden who ruled Aeron with fierce power, but as she grew older, her powers began to weaken so her followers began to feed her human souls in order to survive. From then on, she became an unstoppable force to be reckoned with." Alexis said, "Wow. You really are good at remembering things like that." Syrus adds, "Alexis is right, Y/N. You really are good at remembering history related stuff like when you were explaining where the shadow demons were coming from at first." Jaden said, "She's like a sponge when it comes to finding info. It's kind of scary sometimes." You protest, "I am not!" Syrus points out, "Uh Y/N, you practically just recited a passage from the history book without even looking at it." Jaden said, "Told you." Alexis said, "Didn't you two come here for something?" Syrus said, "We just wanted to see what you two were up to." You ask Alexis, "Catch up later?" Alexis said, "Okay. I'll see you later guys." She goes off in the opposite direction. Syrus asks, "So what do we do now you guys?"