Chapter 9

A/N: This is going to be another short chapter. There will be a lot of twists in it though, I'll promise you that.

You were sitting there in total shock. "I knew that girl was bad news." Jaden said, "That doesn't make sense though. Why would Lila hold someone like Mokuba captive?" You shake your head, "I'm just as lost as you, Jay. None of this makes sense, Lila being involved with them or why she has Mokuba Kaiba with her." This is too strange for it to be true.

You were talking with Syrus, explaining to him about what you and Jaden had discovered moments ago. Syrus became confused, "Why would she take someone like Seto Kaiba's younger brother?" You answer, "That's what we don't understand either. I thought that they would take someone like Crowler or Chancellor Sheppard, but not someone like Mokuba Kaiba." Syrus was shaking in fear, "W-What i-if it comes after one of us?" Jaden answers, "Then we'll have to fight them." You reassure the bluenette, "Don't worry, Sy. We'll do whatever we can to defeat the shadow demons."

You were helping Zane with some deliveries that he was asked to make due to a request from Crowler. "Y/N there's a step in front of you. Don't trip." "Yes, I'm aware of the step, Valkyria." "Okay, just making sure." "You okay Y/N?" You look up and see Zane giving you a concerned look. You said, "I'm fine. Just spacing out." "More like thinking about the world." "That was not necessary right now." "I'm just saying." Zane called out, "Come on Y/N! Professor Banner is waiting on these books!" "I'm coming!" You follow the azure-haired boy towards Banner's class and hope that no one questioned your behaviour any further.

You had another pile of books in your arms, careful not to fall and damage the books. You were now on your way towards the girls' Obelisk Blue dorms. "You can think about this issue later, Y/N." "I don't even think that's possible, Valkyria." "Just think about something else, like the tag duel tournament coming up." "I almost forgot about that all together." "Just think of that." You follow Zane and see all the female Obelisk students staring at you, a Slifer Red. You could hear them whisper, "She's the student that transferred here almost more than three months ago? I thought she would be better looking." "I know she's so average but I heard that her deck is full of cool monsters. So what? I bet she would lose within the first turn." Zane heard what the girls were whispering and spoke up loudly, "You know, gossiping about a fellow classmate isn't very fair is it? I suggest that you keep your comments to yourself ladies." Zane adds, "By the way, she's an amazing duellist. She doesn't have to look a certain way in order for her to win a duel." Zane had lost sight of you and thought to himself, "I wonder where she went."

You hug your knees, tears streaming down your face. "Y/N those girls are just jealous." "Of what? My poor duelling strategies? What's the point, Valkyria?" "I think you're an amazing duellist." "You're only saying that to make me feel better." Valkyria shakes her head, "I'm being honest. After everything you've been through, people like that don't deserve to be in a place like Obelisk Blue." You stayed quiet and just sniff. "There you are." You look up, "Oh hi." Zane sits beside you, "You okay?" You sniff, "I guess I should've seen that coming." Zane shakes his head, "Those girls should know better than to gossip, it only leads them to drama and troubled friendships." He adds, "It's a good thing that was the last delivery. Come on, I'm sure Jaden can cheer you up." He helps you up and you both walk towards the Slifer dorms. You see the door open and Jaden was about to say something before he saw your expression. Jaden asks, "What happened?" Zane answers, "Long story. I'm sure she can fill you in." Zane left the dorm, leaving the two of you alone together.

You sniff and look down. "Y/N, what's wrong? Talk to me." He moves a piece of your hair out of your eyes and sits you down on the bed. "I think I should tell you, she's too upset to speak." Jaden nods, "So what happened to make her this unhappy?" "She was delivering books with Zane for a little while. The last stop was the girls Obelisk Blue class and some girls began to gossip about Y/N. They kept saying how she's a bad duellist and how she's average looking." Yubel appears by Jaden's side, with an angry expression in her eyes. Jaden spoke gently, "Hey now. Look at me. Those girls don't get how cool you are." You ask, "You think I'm cool?" Jaden said, "Well yeah! I think that you're so chill when it comes to a bad situation, you are so smart too when it comes to duelling and coming up with a strategy. You always know when to reveal a hidden trick when you need it. I like how shy you are and how kind you are to everyone. I love everything about you, the good and the bad." "Jaden." Yubel said, "Tell me who the girls are and I will rip their heads off!" Jaden objected, "Not necessarily needed right now, Yubel. That would only make it worse." You slightly smile and lay your head on Jaden's shoulder. Jaden strokes your head in comfort, trying his best to make you feel better. Jaden said suddenly, "I have an idea. Duel me!" You give him a look, "Duel you? Like on the PDA?" He nods excitedly, "Yeah! Duelling always makes you happy!" You half smile, "Alright but I'm not going easy on you, Yuki!"