Tattoos

Tattoos (I should ink my skin, with your name) by CasTheButler
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Claudia + Flowers

Stiles shuffles nervously outside the tattoo parlour. His heart is pounding in his chest. He shouldn't be this nervous. He's been wanting a tattoo since he was eight, ever since it had become abundantly clear he was never receiving his soul mark and the kids at school started teasing him, telling him no one would ever love him. He sucks in his breath and pushes the door open.

He is greeted by a man a few years old than him with dark hair and expressive eyebrows. Stiles is trying not to notice how gorgeous he is.

"Can I help you?" the man asks, a slightly judgmental tone to his voice. He probably thinks that Stiles is younger than he is, it happens a lot.

"Uhhh...yeah. I want to get a tattoo" Stiles starts of shyly, completely unsure of his words but by the time he gets to the end of his sentence he is oozing with confidence. He wants this. He wants it so bad. The guy's eyebrows raise up in surprise.

"Well okay then, you got an ID?" Stiles pulls out his driver's license and tosses it over. After inspecting it for a few minutes the guy hands it back.

"Hey Genim, I'm Derek" Derek says softly and Stiles scoffs at him.

"Hey Derek, I'm Stiles" Stiles corrects and Derek's eyebrows furrow in confusion. Wow those eyebrows really are expressive Stiles notes.

"What kind of tattoo would you like?" Derek queries. Stiles points to his right arm.

"I want flowers..." the eyebrows waggle in amusement at that but Stiles continues anyway, "and the name Claudia." The eyebrows are less amused at that.

"I advise not getting your girlfriend's name tattooed on your arm," Derek deadpans. Stiles looks at him slightly vexed.

"It's my mother...was my mother," Stiles states sadly and Derek realises he's just been a dick.

"Come on, let's go draw you up a design"

The Sheriff Badge

The second tattoo Stiles asks for is a Sheriff's badge. He gets another skeptical look at that.

"You got a hero complex?" Derek asks him jokingly.

"It's for my Dad," Stiles informs him with a light smile. Derek pauses studying the expression on the younger man's face.

"Is he..." Derek trails off; he can't quite bring himself to say the last word in that sentence.

"No, no...he's fine, he's totally fine...he eats too much junk food and gets really stressed about work, but he's A-Okay!" Stiles blurts out frantically, waving his arms in front of him. Derek laughs. He'd discovered Stiles tendency to talk with his hands in their last session as he watched Derek draw up a mock version of the tattoo that was now neatly plastered to his upper arm.

"I'm glad he's A-Okay, let's get you in the chair." Derek leads him into the back room and gestures for him to get comfortable in the chair. Stiles wriggles into the chair but remains sitting forward so he can easily watch Derek.

"Do you want an old style western Sheriff's badge or something more modern?" He asks seriously. Stiles face scrunches up in deep thought and Derek's heart flutters in his chest. He wasn't an idiot; he knows Stiles was attractive. He also knows Stiles is eight years younger than him.

"I think an old school one, I mean, dad's a modern day sheriff... obviously... but he really likes westerns... Like, I remember been a little kid and he'd just watch them, so I'd watch them... there was this one... 'Day of the Outlaw', I always liked that..." Stiles rambles, rolling his arm in front of him with every few words. Thoughtfully Derek rummages through his piles of papers until he finds what he's looking for. He grabs a pen and changes some of the details then brings it over to Stiles to inspect. As soon as Stiles' eyes land on the artwork they light up like the sun is shining from with in him.