i. mouth

"Y/N, Hurry up, you're going to be late!" Your mother yells from the bottom of the stairs. You grab your backpack and run downstairs, meeting her at the last step. "Have fun sweetie." 

You nod and walk quickly out the door, taking your eyes off of the sidewalk and onto your watch. You crash into something and fall to the ground. 

"Ow, that hurt." You rub your elbow with a wince.

"I'm sorry." A hand sticks out and you take it, getting help to stand up.

"No, it's my fault. I should have been looking at where I was walking." You admit. 

"I haven't seen you around here before." He says, looking at your face. "Are you new?" 

"Yeah, my mom and I just moved here." He nods. 

"I was just on my way to school too, I can walk you there and show you where to go... and make sure you don't run into anyone else. I'm Mouth by the way." 

"Mouth?" He nods. "I'm Y/N" 

"Don't worry, you'll figure out the name soon enough." 

You laugh and the two of you walk the rest of the way to the school together. 

"Here's the main office. I should get to class before I'm late again. You'll get the new girl pass though." He winks and walks away. 

You take a deep breath and step into the office. 

"Hi, I'm Y/N. I need my schedule please." The woman smiles at you and hands you the list of the your classes. 

"Your first class is going to be the third class room to your left when you walk out." You nod and walk out and find your first class. 

"Oh hello, you must be Y/N." You nod as your teacher acknowledges you. "You can take a seat next to Clarke." 

Mouth smiles at you and motions to the open seat next to him. 

So his real name is Clarke. 

"By the way, no one really calls me Clarke." He whispers and you giggle. 

With you sitting next to Mouth, the teacher noticed he was not as loud as he once was, instead focusing more on whispering to you rather than trying to make the whole class laugh. She couldn't help but partner the two of you for the end of the semester project. 

"Hey, so do you want to come to my house after school or do you want us to go to yours?" You ask walking up to Mouth, staring at the project list. 

"Doesn't matter to me. Do you want to go get some ice cream first before we choose?" 

"I would love that." You smile and he leads the way.

"Mouth!" You hear his friend Mikey yell from behind the two of you. "Are you coming over today?" 

"Not today, I have to work on the project with Y/N." He answers. 

"You never do those projects?" Mikey looks back at Data and Chunk. 

"Yeah, but I want to do this one." He smiles and the two of you walk away.

"So what? Are you a slacker or something?" You smirk. 

"Kind of." He admits. 

Once the two of you sit down with your ice cream, you notice Mouth is fidgety and is pushing around the ice cream rather than eating it. 

"You okay?" You ask, setting your spoon down. 

"I... I have something to ask you, and I don't want it to ruin our friendship." 

"Mouth, was is it?" You look at him confused. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" His eyes drop from yours and he goes back to pushing the ice cream around the bowl. 

"Mouth." He looks up. "I thought you'd never ask."