Chapter 25

We changed our minds.

Demi and I found a hidden spot at the edge of the beach.

A small spot between the large rocks, the waves crashing quietly, the stars visible against the dark night sky, it looked like something out of a movie.

She laid a blanket down on the sand, and we lay side by side, not speaking a word. The silence was calming, we let the waves speak for ourselves.

"You know, I've been thinking a lot about us lately," she spoke, her voice quiet. My heartbeat immediately sped up, and I reminded myself that everything was good, there was nothing to worry about.

"I've been thinking about how lucky we are, can you imagine how many the chances that we'll meet each other again were?" she paused, looking at me. "Thinking about it back then, it seemed impossible. We were separated into two different worlds, by fate, and brought back together, by fate," a smile decorated her beautiful face. "You caused all the good memories back then, and you became a memory, and now, you're here with me, and you're real, and I'm very grateful for that."

"And the years we spent apart faded into nothing now that I'm here with you. You see every star up there?" she pointed up, "For every single star, I can match each one with a reason why I love you. Your eyes," she kissed my eyelids, "your nose," she kissed my nose, "your lips," she kissed my lips, "your heart," she kissed between my chest, "You," she said, going back to my lips.

"And if I had to choose between breathing and loving you, I would use my last breath to say, I love you," she spoke, emotions evident in her voice. "I love you, I love you, I love you," with each one, she kissed my lips.

"You are my best friend, my shoulder to lean on, the one person I know I can count on; you're the love of my life, you're my everything. That will never, ever change."