Chapter 8

I was turning a pancake upside down when I felt a pair of lips kiss my shoulder.

I turned my head and smiled at the lovely woman I have learned to love deeply.

"Baby," I whispered.

Demi sat on one of the chairs lining the counter and swung her legs.

"What's cooking?" She asked.

"Pancakes, bacon and fruit juice," I pointed at the juicer.

"Yum," she clapped.

I set the pancakes down on the kitchen counter, and took out the bacon from the oil drainer.

"Eat," I said.

"Wow, your skills have improved," she said inbetween chews.

"It's just pancake!" I pointed out.

She chuckled. "The last time you cooked for me you almost burned down our house," she said as a matter-of-fact.

I laughed at the memory. It was a bittersweet one, because it was one day before her departure.

I tried cooking fried chicken and mixed vegetables but I failed miserably, burning everything.

"What do you wanna do today?" She asked.

"Hm, nothing, I'm exhausted," I smirked at her, remembering the events the previous night.

"Who wouldn't be exhausted by that? How many rounds did we do last night?" She laughed.

"Seven, I think..." she trailed off. "Or was it eight?"

We laughed and continued eating.

"So stay home then?"

I nodded.

"Stay home it is."

I collected the dishes.

"Go upstairs, find a movie."

She walked up the stairs.

I was drying the last plate when Demi came running down the stairs.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Do you wanna meet up with Marissa?"

I grinned. "Of course I do! What has she been up to?!"

Marissa was also part of our little gang back then.

"Today?" I asked as she tapped away on her phone.

"Okay with you?"

"Why don't you invite her here, though?" I asked. "I can cook dinner."

"Great idea!!"

"Let's go to the supermarket, then. I'll cook her a Filipino dish!"

She pouted.

"You never cooked a Native Dish for me," she said playfully.

"I just learned cooking dishes last year!"

"I'm kidding," she laughed and pecked me on the lips.

"I know."

We put on hoodies and shoes and walked out the door.

I bought chicken, vinegar, soy sauce, spices and rice from the Asian market to cook one of my favourite Filipino dishes, adobo.

I was half Filipino and although I hated the country, I loved the food they made, so I decided to learn.

We were walking down the market lane when I saw a small white Maltese puppy on the pet shop window.

"Hey Demz, can you go bring these to the car, I'll just check something out."

"Sure," she kissed me on the cheek.

I walked to the pet shop and went in.

"Hey, how much is the Maltese on the window?" I asked while looking around.

"Lia?"

I whipped my head towards the direction of the familiar voice and gasped.

"U-uh, hey, Raven," I nodded at the woman who gave her all to me, although I was not quite there when I was with her.

I took all her firsts, and she loved me very deeply. But Demi never left my heart, and that was the reason why I never loved her back as much as she did to me.

She was devastated when I broke up with her. She said that she would get me back someday, when she saw me again. And now this might stir some unwanted drama.

The black haired girl smiled at me.

"So... who is that girl outside? Your sister?" she asked.

"U-uhm no, actually, she's my girlfriend."

She tried to conceal the hurt look that was painted on her face for a millisecond.

"How long have you been together?" she inquired. Raven and I were together for 5 1/2 years. If I forgot my feelings for Demi, I might have married the girl.

"A week," I said shortly.

"So close already huh," she observed.

"She was the girl I told you about. My first girlfriend. Remember that story?" I asked. "Anyway, how much is the Maltese there?"

"$300. I can give it to you for $250, though."

"Can you reserve it? I'll pay you already. I'm gonna give it to her next week," I said and once again caught the look on her face.

"U-uh, sure," she stuttered.

"Oh! Wait, how's our rabbit? Whiskey?"

"Wow, I'm glad you remember him. He belongs to Naia now," she said with a smile.

"Your sister? That's good," I said as I fished out 300 dollars.

"Reserve him, kay?"

"Sure," she said.

"Bye," I waved.

"Wait, can I get your number?"

I thought that it was a bad idea, but I still gave it anyway.

I walked out of the shop and saw Demi standing on the side.

"Who's she?" she asked.

"Ex," I said shortly.

"What did you do in there?"

"Secret. You'll know it next week, don't worry," I smiled playfully.

She smiled, although it faltered a bit and shook her head.

"You and your secrets," she said.

I can't help but think that there might be some hidden meaning to it, but I shrugged it off and chose not to think about it.

Giving Raven my number might not be the best idea, but it's done.

--

Ok DUNDUNDUN. This chapter was shorter than usual. Sorry. Drama. Wow. I don't know if I could pull this off. Honestly I think I don't have the guts to make Demi jealous. Even in a story. Sorry that was a bit of a spoiler. I'll get out of your way now. Expect messed up chapters. I hope I can pull this off. Trend #PrayForMissy, please. Goodbye.