Chapter 23

"Babe are you ready?" Demi called through the door.

One month and two weeks since my sister's death. It didn't affect me so much now. I like to think that I have stable emotional strength. I never let things go out of control.

I looked the room over, checked every single thing in my small trolley and looked at myself. I breathed deeply.

"I think I am," I answered. I pulled my trolley through the door. We are going to Hawaii for a small vacation. She said that we needed to take a break away from everything.

She kissed my forehead. "Let's go then."

We were drove to the airport, a remotely short trip, by her driver. She arranged another driver to meet us in Hawaii.

---

"Wow," I said as I looked around. "This place is beautiful."

"I know," she said, smiling as she looked at me. "Just like you."

I playfully slapped her arm. "You're so cheesy!!"

"But I'm only cheesy for you," she teased.

"Demetria!!" I scolded and chuckled.

A guy, about late thirties, tan, curly blonde hair, in a cliche floral beach shirt approached us.

"Ma'am Demetria?" He said, a slight unfamiliar lilt in his accent.

"Oh! Yes! Robert, right?" She asked, smiling.

"Yeah," he said, redirecting his attention to me, looking me up and down.

"Um, don't look at me like that," I said.

He smirked. "You are a hot piece of ass, lady," I glared at him.

"Hey, Roberto or whatever the hell your fucking name is. If you don't stop doing what makes my girlfriend uncomfortable, feel free to leave. If you don't stop, you won't like what I will do," Demi said coldly.

I pulled at Demi. "Let's leave the guy alone, c'mon."

When we are far enough, I asked her. "Where the fuck did you even find him, wow, he is so inappropriate. And isn't he like fifty or something."

"I know. Ugh. I found him online. I thought he was nice enough."

We hailed a cab to take us to the hotel. She already has everything booked. Hopefully the staff at this hotel is great. Because if not, I'm dragging my ass out this place.

We passed by incredible views. Souvenir shops lined the street. It was a beautiful sight.

Our hotel was in a secluded part, and a beach was right beside it. The beach is beautiful, white sand bordering the blue sea. Spectacular, I must say.

We walked in the hotel.

"Good day, ma'am," the security guard greeted. "May I take your bags?" He said, then passed them on to the bellboy.

We were also met by a smiling receptionist, which gave us our key. The bellboy was walking behind us, our luggage in a cart.

"Thank you," I said once we reached the room.

We walked in and sat on the bed.

"This will be so much fun!" Demi squealed enthusiastically.

"Agreed," I said and laid down.

I pulled her towards me, kissing her on the lips.

"Now let's start the fun."