Chapter 17

I put the last of my bags in the trunk. We were travelling back to my hometown today.

Demi put her arms around my waist.

"You okay baby?" she asked, concern clouding her face. She has been very concerned about my well being lately. I've learned to not let the matter affect me so much. Demi has been also helping me avoid sinking into a pit of darkness and I'm honestly so thankful for that.

It happened, and no matter how many tears I shed or how many nights that pass without sleep, I know I can never bring her back. So I learned to wake up in the morning, condition myself and deal with it. Because this might be messy right now and I will never know why she did what she did, but I can't let myself also sink into what she has sunken in.

Any forms of self destruction will never sweep this mess away. So I will learn to be strong and deal with this in a way that will not negatively affect me or the people around me.

I sat in the car thinking about this the whole time. I want to blame myself. I might not be breaking down but I don't know if being emotionless is worse.

I closed my eyes and places my head on Demi's shoulder, praying that the aching in my head goes away.

We arrived at the airport, got in a private jet.

I was too distracted by my emotions to appreciate the beauty the jet offered. It was modern, but the details never really stood out.

I put my headphones in and closed my eyes.

See you soon, Little sister.