Chapter 27

I smiled at Demi as she sat in the plush couch across from the interviewer.

'Are you gonna be fine?' I asked, mouthing the words.

She put two of her thumbs up, grinning at me.

I know she's very nervous, about to clarify the stories of us circulating around the web.

"3, 2, 1!" the director shouted, and the interviewer smiled at the camera, uttering a lively greeting.

"Here we are with special guest, the award winning recording artist, Demi Lovato!" The crowd applaused.

"Good Morning!" Demi exclaimed, waving at the audience.

"We are here to talk about the topic that has been getting the internet talking for days, Demi's love life," she said, fixing the mic on her collar.

"What really happened? " she asked.

"Young people fall in love. Maybe you fall apart with that person and completely forget them as you grow, fully immersing yourself in new things and in the sense of developing. But there is always this one person, that you try so hard to forget, but your heart keeps holding on to the memory of that person. The way that person made you feel. The way that person made you smile. How that person felt like home, like their arms are to shield you against the world. You still think about how life would be with them. And you start to wonder what went wrong," she paused, breathing deeply.

"That person was Lia," she smiled. "She came back, and I grasped firmly at the first chance to experience what we had again. Because she made me happy in my darkest of my days. You can't let that go, can you?" she asked, raising her left eyebrow carefully.

"This has been said a thousand times, but I'm gonna say it again. Don't be afraid to be who you are. Love who you want to love. Because you get one chance in life, might as well do what you wish to do. People who are going to try to break you and shake you up will never be gone. But use that negativity to push yourself to do better, to prove them wrong. Accept me for who I am, or fuck off," she chuckled, as the audience laughed with her.

"I'm in love with Lia, nothing can intervene, this is real, this is me," she joked, winking at the camera.

The crowd screamed and cheered, chanting "We love you!" over and over again. Demi smiled, looking at me briefly.

"Demi Lovato, everybody!" The interviewer ended.

Demi ran backstage right into my arms.

"Fuck, I love you so much," I muttered in her ear.