Never Ready

*****

Hope the last chapter was a little more open then the last (if that even makes any sense?) but this chapter's gonna' be exciting! Promise! :D Enjoy my Wattpaders! AND VOTE!!!!!

*****

(Lucca's POV)

It's interesting how much of an impact a human can have on a werewolf.....I'm completely and utterly in love with the new Kennie, but I know just as much as anyone else that it's impossible for Kennie and me to be mates. Humans and werewolves shouldn't be together. But oh, how I wish Kennie was mine, my wolf finds my human feelings insulting due to the fact that he's convinced that his mate's out there somewhere, and I'm sure she is, but I can't help the need to be with Kennie. There are things that I wouldn't even want my wolf to know about, that I want to do to that girl. She may be fragile but she's feisty!

I tailed behind everyone and kept my ears open as we rushed through the trees. I couldn't believe that Kennie had run off to a vampire instead of dealing with her problems right there and then, but of course she's a human and not a werewolf, she will always be crazy and trouble prone, but if I know one thing about Kennie it's that her feisty attitude will keep her alive long enough for us to come in and rescue her.

(Kennie's POV)

My feet ached and my head hurt a bit as I came out of my sleep induced coma. Boy could I use some waffles right now, home is what I needed.

Trouble is what I got, though, when I opened my eyes and spotted Sam sitting in the chair in the far corner of his guest room reading a book, "Nice to see you're awake..." He said without looking up from his book to look at me.

"I must have passed out pretty good last night." I stated as I rubbed my pillow creased cheek.

"Eh, you had every excuse." Was his only reply.

"I'm kinda' hungry." I stated and just to prove a point my stomach growled.

"So am I," Sam said in a suspicious tone, "But first I should tell you something..."

I nodded for him to continue and he did, "Kennie, I know that your whole family is made up of werewolves," he stated and my head whipped to him so fast I almost hurt myself, "And I don't think they told you about me though," I shook my head in almost shock, "I'm a vampire."

I froze as he disappeared and reappeared behind me. His cold breathe fanning my neck, "What?" I said stupidly.

"Poor, Kennie. I've waited a long time to get you right where I've wanted you, and finally I get to taste this famous pure blood of yours...." He trailed off and I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion.

"Pure blood?" I questioned.

"Oh Kennie, you had so much to learn to bad a good soul like you will be lost," he paused for a moment and brushed back my hair sending tingles of fear running through my body, "Now stay sti-" a loud bang and low familiar growls echoed through the house and before I knew it Sam was quieter than I'd ever heard him, like he wasn't there.

"Kennie!" Alpha Rafael's voice made my heart lurch in hope that I could get out of here and get to the waffles my mom had surely laid out on the counter.

I went to speak but in second I was picked up and whooshed across the room and out of the guest bedroom. I felt a whoosh of air before I was fully outside now and I could tell it wasn't day time when I blinked and the first thing I could hear were the cicadas buzzing in the distance.

"Kennie!" Alpha growled, "I know you're here I can smell you!" It sounded creepy but I wasn't fully understanding what was going on I lost reality before I could comprehend.