Shut Down

*****

I HAVE RED NUMBERS!!!!! I'm so happy I've surpassed a thousand reads!!! VOTE in celebration with me!!!! Well....read on first. :)

*****

(Kennie's POV)

I bolted up in the bed for the sixth time tonight. This time had been different, though. My body was drenched in sweat and my head was pounding with the erratic beating of my aching heart. I, like the last five times tonight, could not for the life of me remember what my nightmare had been about, but I was sure it was terrifying.

I panned around only to meet Darton's eyes, "Are you okay?" He'd asked me that the last few times I'd awoken. I nodded, "You want to stay up?" I shook my head, if I was sleeping I wasn't feeling the heat or the guilt. Even if I was having a nightmare I was still better off.

He looked uncertain that he should let me attempt sleep again, but I shrugged it off and turned over in my bed, closed my eyes and searched for sleep.

I was sure it couldn't have been much more than an hour after the last time I'd awoken. Like last time I remembered nothing about the nightmare, but something deep down told me it had to do with Daniel. The feeling caused every bone in my body to ache. What was happening to me? I didn't know, but I hoped Daniel would come back before something bad happened.

Daniel's face popped into my mind and my wolf went ballistic causing my heat to spike and my who body to erupt in pain; an aching, fiery want for something that was so far away and out of reach. Darton bolted to my aid instantly, crying out for me to tell him what was the matter, but I couldn't respond as I growled and cried out. The other guards came bursting in, all of which were ready for an out of body threat, when every threat was coming from within me.

Every muscle in my body clenched and unclenched as my wolf fought to take control. She was strong, but something in me knew I was stronger and I fought to push her down as the guards fought to hold me down.

Darton got fed up with me throwing the guards down as they kept me from harming myself. It was too late anyways, I had already drawn blood on my stomach and my nails couldn't scratch deeper. Darton pushed a guard to the side and hoped up on the bed. He straddled my hips, tears angrily trailing down his cheeks as he restrained my arms up above my head. He held my legs down with his and yelled out for me to control it. I wasn't sure what he was saying after that because a guard pulled a needle out from a pocket and inserted it in my vein.

(Daniel's POV)

My heart clenches in a painful way as I attempt to speak with the alphas that have arrived in the area. Alpha Yelon from the Appalachians has brought fifty of his best warriors and I was telling him where the large hotel about sixty miles west is, where Kennie is, when I feel that echo I'd once before felt.

She's cutting, is my wolf's first thought, but I can feel the difference. I pause mid conversation to lift up my shirt and watch as small red and blotchy scratch marks appear on the front of my left hip. Yelon gives me a worried look, "Ya' gon' do somin' 'bout 'dat?" He asks and I know he's not sure how to react to the marks. I can see the worry for his great Luna shift across his eyes, but just as the marks appear and are about to worsen the pain comes to an abrupt halt.

I know then that Darton's given her the anesthetic medicine, and I watch as the marks disappear. I drop my shirt and look back up at Yelon, "It's fine," I swallow, "She's-" I blink a few times trying to gain back my voice, "She's gone through a lot and is going through more than enough pain to serve us all. She's being guarded comfortably as we speak, she'll be fine...." I trail off as I search for our link. It's still perfectly intact and just as strong as before, so I put walls up to keep her out and continue to tell Yelon about my plan to get Henry back and save Kennie.