Chapter 10

"What the Hell do you mean by that?" I growled, grabbing his collar and shoving him up against the back wall. "You dated… my sister!?"

"Uh, yeah, so don't be trying to tell me you're not a devil, because I know you are." He stated matter-of-factly.

"Which one of my sisters did you date?"

He smirked at the question. "Maxi. I don't know what it was, but she just had this thing that made me like her."

"Maxi?" I asked, biting my lip so I couldn't say some very unladylike things. "You mean Maximum, my own twin sister?"

"You have your nickname for her, and I have mine." He smirked, shoving me off.

"How did I not know about this!?" I snapped at him, but he held my wrists before I could attack him.

"Well, she didn't exactly know how you and Vanessa were going to react, so she decided to keep it a secret." He told me, throwing me off, and I landed on the bed. "Not like it mattered though, she broke up with me."

"Well, good for her." I muttered, sitting up and crossing my arms. "But you're from Hell, Daddy would've been fine with you. It's just… falling in love with a human… that was his problem." I sighed, remembering  Aaron and everything he means to me. "But I don't know when the hell I'll ever see him again."

"Well, being up here, that's a problem." He stated, and I glared at him. "Well, it's a problem for everyone, I mean, they're dead."

"I'm not dead." I whispered, keeping a straight face as I looked him right in the eyes. "I can guarantee you, I'm not dead yet."

"Then why are you up here?" He asked, sitting next to me. "If you're not dead, and I mean, you're a devil anyway, so what's a creature from Hell like you doing up here?"

"God saved my family." I replied simply. "And I owe him my life for that."

He let out a long whistle. "Isn't that a little harsh?"

"My sisters died a month back." I told him, but I tried to tell the story with giving him as little information as possible. "And I said if he brought them back to life, I would work as his slave."

"Oh…"  He trailed off, interlacing his fingers in mine. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I chose it." I smiled, letting him hold my hand. "And they would be dead right now if I hadn't." But I decided to change the subject. "So, when did you date Maximum?"

"It was a while ago, before I, uh, got transferred." He answered, shaking his head. "Maybe when I was fifteen?"

"You dated my sister when you were fifteen?" I growled, because that was when we were fourteen. "Damn secretive bitch."

"Yeah, but we ended it, so it's fine." He finished, playing the same game I was, changing the subject. "But I'm gonna head out, I feel like you're going to kill me- if you could."

"Damn straight I would. I can also make sure I never have to see you in Hell again. I can send you to the horrific part of Hell, just like where my ex-step-mothers are." I threatened, feeling all the power in the world… but I know I didn't have any.

"I'd like to see you try." He challenged as he turned around and left, the door slamming behind him.

Challenge accepted.

"Bring it on." I muttered  as I rushed to the door, jerking it open and looking down the halls. He disappeared out of sight. How could he do that?

I took a walk down the hallway, finding it late at night. Work was done, I wasn't on the night list, so I was bored. But it wasn't long until I ran into Jake.