Chapter 21

"What?" Everybody questioned him, and I stepped forward.

"You're… setting me free?" I asked, my spirits rising.

"Well, I've come to the conclusion that you're no help here, so we have no desire to keep you." He stated, and it was insulting, but I didn't care. "All you do is bring havoc to our peace. You've destroyed social gatherings, and many angels are protesting you being here." He concluded, waving his arm out at me. "So, this isn't 'setting you free', but more of a 'get out of here'."

I should've screamed. I should've cheered, but my friends did that for me. I was frozen in place. I couldn't move. I was finally going back? After half a year of slaving?

"I'm going back to my family?" I breathed, and he nodded slowly. "You mean…"

"Satan and your sisters." He clarified, and I found myself jumping up and down.

"Oh my God, finally!" I exclaimed, hugging Aaron tightly, and more tears flowed from my eyes. But they weren't sad tears; they were happy, because it was the happiest moment of my life… sorry, Aaron.

"That's great, Marie." Aaron breathed, and then there was a group hug of everybody but God.

But this was Hell. My home. My family. My life. But I still felt uneasy.

I made everybody break the group hug as I turned back to face God. "What about Aaron? Is he staying in Heaven or coming back with me?"

He was silent for a minute, the anticipation growing on me with every second. "He's staying here."

"What?" Aaron questioned.

"No…" I whimpered, and Aaron clung to my waist. "No, please, let him come with me."

"He hasn't sinned anything worthy of going there, so these is no reason for him to go there. Besides, he'd have no reason to even want to go there. It's hot an evil and their ways are so much more… different… and evil."

"You think because I'm from Hell… or just Hell in general… that everything we do down there is absolutely horrible? That we're all crude and killers and crap like that?" I shot at him, but he shook his head.

"I know who goes down there when they die. Killers, Murderers, Suicidals, Druggies, Drunks, Assassins, everything along that sort."

"I killed myself for her." Aaron stated, ad I closed my eyes to stop more tears. Failed. "That should count."

"But doing it for a devil?" He asked, but kept going. "No, I won't have you be there with her. I wouldn't want you in that much pain."

"It's not pain." He stated, tightening his grip, if it was possible. "It's love."

I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I love you so much."

He smirked. "I love you too."

There was a chorus of 'awes', but God still didn't look impressed. "I don't care what you two do, you're still not changing my mind."

"Oh, come on!" I whimpered, breaking from Aaron to approach him. "What is it going to take to make him stay with me?"

He shook his head, but then stopped, smiling. "Bow down and beg."

I froze as Karma gasped, but nobody else did anything.

"What? What's the big deal?" Aaron asked, but he didn't understand. He never could.

"Bowing down is one of the most disgraceful things any devil could do to God." Karma explained as God stood there, arms crossed, waiting for me. "And I mean, you usually going to the… next stage of life."