vii

"Well, tonight was lovely, Harry," Louis says softly, tightening his scarf as he closes the doors into the restaurant. He pulls his collar up higher on his face to keep from the cold and I can't help but notice how cute he looks. "So, I-"

"Do you want to come back to mine?" I ask suddenly, immediately regretting it. It sounds like I'm asking for sex. Damn it. As I open my mouth to clarify, Louis raises his eyebrows and smirks.

"Wow, Harry. It's our first date, and you want to fuck already?" Louis teases, and I can't help but love sassy Louis. "All jokes aside, I'd love to."

I beam at him and turn to hail a cab. Once I tell the cabbie the directions to my flat, I pat the spot directly beside me and Louis scoots over, leaning his head on my shoulder. I guess it's sort of instinctive, but I wrap my arm around his shoulder and begin carding my fingers through his soft hair. He sighs contentedly and closes his eyes. "Louis, love, you can't fall asleep yet. Would you like me to take you home so you can sleep?"

Louis shakes his head, his eyelids drooping. "No, I want to be with you."

I feel my eyes widen and a smile spread across my face. "Alright, to my flat, it is."

Louis nods sleepily and snuggles closer. I'm not entirely sure why, but I feel... at ease with Louis. I'm so comfortable around him even though I hardly know him. He makes me a little uncomfortable when he texts me those obscene things, I'll admit, but even then, I feel at home. And also, his texts are kind of hot. I just wish things were more simple.