xxv

After we finish eating, we're faced with an uncomfortable silence. I nudge Louis under the table with my knee, and swoon a little when his eyes meet mine. "What's up?" he mouths.

I shrug, smiling a little. Louis smiles shyly back, and looks down at his plate, his cheeks red. Lou pushes the last few bites of his grilled cheese back and forth on his plate, and as he picks it up to finish it, Ethan nudges him with his elbow. "Do you really wanna eat that, Lou? That's a lot of calories," he murmurs.

I feel my eyes widen, and I blink a few times to make sure I'm not hallucinating. I stand up abruptly, pushing my chair loudly out behind me. "Excuse me? What did you just say?"

Louis stands up too, a pained expression on his face. "Harry, just drop it, yeah? It's not a big deal."

I shake off his comment, feeling rage course through my veins. "It is a big deal. If someone really loves you, they'll do anything to help you, not tell you you should stop eating. That's messed up. Can't you see, Louis? He doesn't love you!"

I throw Ethan a dirty look, and toss some money carelessly on the table. "See you later, Louis."

As I turn to go, I hear a small squeak. "Harry, wait-"

"Oh, this is just typical, Louis! Go on, run after him! Like the fucking baby you are."

I don't even think about it. It just happens. But suddenly, my knuckles are hurting like crazy and blood is gushing from Ethan's nose.