xxiv

I haven't even talked to him yet and I already hate him. He looks so stuck up and... I don't know. Just, not nice. His long dark hair is pulled back into a bun, he's wearing a bolo tie, and he's making Louis laugh. My skin is probably green with envy.

I shake myself and walk over to their table. Ethan looks up at me, and Louis stops laughing. Lou stands up and throws his arms around me. "You came. I thought you weren't going to come!"

I chuckle and rub Louis' back a little. "I said I would, didn't I?"

Louis pulls away and sits down, and I feel like a piece of me has been broken off when he's no longer touching me. "Harry, this is Ethan. Ethan, this is Harry."

Ethan looks me up and down with a polite smile, but there's a hint of distaste in his eyes as he shakes my hand. "Nice to finally meet you, Harry. Louis won't stop raving about you."

I throw a glance over at Louis, who's blushing deep red, before smiling falsely back at Ethan. "Lovely to meet you too, Ethan."

Luckily, a waiter comes round asking for our drink orders, saving me from anymore conversation with Ethan. "I'll have a hot tea, please."

After Louis and Ethan both order water, the waiter leaves us alone. "So, Harry, what do you do for work?"

"I'm a barista at a little café on Elm. What about you?" I'm trying my hardest to be polite, but part of me wants to just start making out with Louis right here to show Ethan he's mine. Sorry, that was possessive.

"I work at Google. Mostly small-time stuff." Wow, he's really making me look bad. Google, really?!

I glance over at Louis to try and read expression, and realise he's staring at me, a fond gleam in his eyes. He quickly looks away, his cheeks reddening. He pats my hand under the table, and smiles slightly at me. Fuck, I'm in love with him.