xxxix

LOUIS

I hope I made the right choice. I mean, it physically hurts me to be away from Harry, but with Ethan, there's raw passion. Now, it's not always good, pleasurable passion, but at least there's sparks, right?

I'd say my biggest fear is that I've mistaken excitement and fear for said sparks, and that by making the wrong choice, I've lost Harry forever.

Oh, God. I think I've made the wrong choice. I slam my laptop shut, and jog down the stairs to the foyer. Ethan is humming along to a Joni Mitchell song and swaying his hips to the music in the kitchen in an effeminate apron, stirring a pot of chicken noodle soup. He hears my footsteps, and turns around, frowning when he sees my ghost of an expression. "Louis, what's wrong?"

I shake my head, unsure whether or not I'm really going to go through with this. You know what, I don't even know if I love Ethan, or if I ever did. And come to think of it, I've never truly enjoyed any of Ethan's choices in bed, and I'm starting to realise that's a problem. It's all coming to me now. I've been so blinded by Ethan's brown eyes and good looks, and general charm to see that being with him just isn't right for me. "Um, Ethan? I have to talk to you."

He stops with the soup and faces me, his jaw clenched. "What is it, Lou?"

Fuck. How am I going to get this out? I pull out my mobile and begin texting him.

Louis: I think we should break up

Louis: I'm sorry but I feel like we've lost the connection we had at first

Louis: pls say something ?

Before I can type out another text, Ethan slams the the pot lid onto the counter, causing me to jump. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Louis?! We've been together forever, and now suddenly you want to break up?! Because of a 'lost connection'? Bullshit! This is because of Harry, isn't it?"