Chapter 23- Shantanu weds Shreeshthi

Varun's POV_

I was reading a very important book, when the door bell gone off. I was least interested to go and open the door.

"Varun open the door!" I heard mom yell. Yeah like I am gonna. I let it ring until mom went and opened the door herself.

"Varun someone came to meet you!" Mum yelled, with a hint of tease in her voice.

Who would come now?
Parineeti's POV_

I was bored so I thought of giving varun a surprise visit! And also the card of my sister's wedding...

I got ready in a navy blue denim jeans and a white baggy top.

Oh how I loved baggy clothes!

I wore some kajal and lip balm. I put my bag on my shoulder and leave for Varun's house.

I reached there in 10 minutes. No wonder he always showed on my door. I parked the car and got. I entered the building and got into the elevator. Wait! What's his floor number? I quickly got out of the elevator and went to the watchman.

"What's Varun Singhania's floor number?" I asked him. He told me his floor number and I went to his floor.

I rang the bell of the apartment which had the 'Singhania' name plate and waited patiently to open the door.

After a few minutes, the door opened and before me was Mrs. Singhania.

"Namaste Aunty!" I touch her feet, a smile spread on her lips.

"Namaste Beta!" She said.

"Woh aunty varun...." I couldn't help but ask, because aunty was staring me with a creepy smile.

"Oh of course!"

"Varun someone came to meet you!" She yelled. After a few seconds later, a reply came.

"Tell him to come to my room!"   Aunty told me where's his room and as I followed her instructions. I found myself before the door of varun's bedroom.

I knocked on his door.

"Come in!" He yelled, from the other side of the door. I opened the door and hot inside.

"Hey!" I greeted him cheerfully.

"Hi!" He said monotonously without looking at me once. He had his eyes locked on his book. When did he start reading?

"Well hello?" I asked again.

"Hello." He again said monotonously.  I went before him and snatched the book from his hands.

"Hey!" He protested but stopped after seeing my face.

"Hello" I said once again, but this time in a slight taunting voice.

"Pari what are doing here?" He asked with a smile on his lips.

"I came to meet you. By the way what are you reading?" I asked while trying to look at the book's title. His eyes widened.

"Wait! Don't read that!" He protested.well now I am more interested.

"What? Is it Kamasutra?" I joked. He scowled at me.

"Pari give me the books back!" He demanded.

"Nope!" I said while popping the p. I looked at the book's title and what I saw led me to roll on the floor while laughing.

"Haha" varun said sarcastically but it doubled up my laughter.

" 'How to learn Bengali ' are you serious?" I asked as tears formed at the corner of my eyes because of the excessive laughing.

"Well I wanted to know the abused you gave in Bengali!" He reasoned. Though the reason was stupid.

"I never gave you abuses stupid!" I said.

"OK then what was the oshoddho boka? Huh huh? Tell me!" He demanded to know. I chuckled.

"Why are you chuckling?" He asked innocently.

"First of all it's Oshobbho not oshoddho" I said.

"Yeah yeah that!" He said.

"It means Mannerless idiot!" I trailed off.

"But doesn't really counted as a abuse." I said.

"Yeah right!"

"Yupp!..oh and" I handed him the card.

"Shantanu weds Shreeshthi..?" I got down on my knees.

"Varun.." I started.

"Pari what are do-"

"Shh. Listen."

"Varun will you come to my sister's wedding?" I asked him exactly the way, varun asked me to come to Dimple's wedding. Except that I skipped the date part.

"Yes!" He grinned.

"Good!"

"So where is it?" He asked.

"Kolkata!" I answered while grinning.

"Kolkata?"

"Yep! Last time you took me to your hometown and now it's my turn!" I said while grinning.

"So will you come?" I asked.

"Of course!" I smiled.

"OK I think I should go know!" I said. He nodded slightly.

"Yeah"

"Oh one more thing!" I got extremely close to him and placed a small peck on his cheek.

"Bye" I gave wink and left from his room.

Was it too much? I don't know but I liked it!