10

I was never the one to judge. I respected everyones wishes and any decision they made for themselves, as long as they were happy and comfortable with their choice.

But when it came to hurting someone I loved or personally attacking them, then you certainly had another thing coming.

So when I saw Lacey, standing right in front of me, her smug smile grew larger ever second we stood in front of each other, the anger that was buried deep underneath inside of me from the break up, bubbles up like wild fire inside my chest and I could be almost certain there was steam coming out of my ears.

She won.

And she was proud of it.

Her blonde hair was curled securely to perfection, her tall, tanned body was shown off perfectly in her little red, classy dress.

I will not deny that Lacey Scott was down right gorgeous. She oozed class out of her non existent pores, and she knew it. Just because I despised the girl, doesn't mean I'm blind from her beauty.

"Drop the act Barbie, Adam told me."  I bit back at her, a lot more snarky than intended, but the anger grew larger and I struggled to contain myself.

Noah was still holding onto my arm, he tightened his grasp ever so slightly as if trying to tell me to bite back the attitude.

We were stood outside of this classy, French Restaurant on the street just a block away from where the group and myself were having dinner.

Aliments sucrés, Bold, Cursive writing read upon the top of the building.

Our first date restaurant. 

I turn my attention back to Lacey, who's expression had changed dramatically from her piercing, fake smile to her over smug, confident face. 

"Oh April, I'm deeply sorry for what happened. It's just that— " She shakes her head, with anything but shame, a smirk still lying stiff on her face.

"Adam and I were made for each other, and you were just accidentally thrown into the mix. I always knew it was just Him and I, but of course, you stuck your pesky little nose in on the way." She gasps slightly, before smirking.

My breath rigid now, not wanting to hear what else she has to say, but my feet wouldn't move, I was stuck, frozen in spot under her intense glare, and my subconscious mind whispering to stay here to hear what else she has to say.

"So when of course, I heard he was staying home for the summer, I just had to inform my parents. You know, get the two families back together."
She recalls the story as if it were yesterday and I bite my tongue from saying a snarky remark.

She stepped closer towards me and moved in closer to my ear, as if she was about to tell me the secret that I've been needing to know my entire relationship.

Noah's grip was loosened but his stare was enough to make me shift uncomfortably, he was definitely sizing Lacey up and down, but his glare towards the perky blonde was anything but flattering.

"And you know what happens next, right?" She whispers lowly and I could feel my heart sink into my chest all over again as she leans back and takes a step back, her face showing no remorse as she knew that this would hurt me.

It felt as though she had reached into my chest and tore out the remnants of what was left of my already broken heart, confirming my deepest worries.

I grit my teeth and turn to Noah, completely forgetting about his presence for the brief moment as I was too wrapped up in her wicked sense of welcome towards me, even though his surprisingly comforting hand had moved to my back, knowing damn well that this was hurting me in every single sentence, the poor guy seemed to always be with me at the wrong places.