15

"April Jane! If you keep twitching your eye each time I do your mascara, you are going to lose an eyeball." Violet's stern words taunted me as I hesitated to roll my eyes as I knew Violet never jokes about those threats.

"You know I am quite capable of doing my own makeup, I'm not a complete failure." I say as she smacks her lips and I open my eyes to meet her grinning face.

"—but then, you wouldn't have looked THIS smoking hot." She guides me to the mirror and stands behind me like a proud mom, hands on shoulders.

It was almost looking at a completely different version of myself.

My auburn hair was curled slightly, accentuating my natural curls as they cascade down my back.

Surprisingly, the outfit that Violet had stuffed me into was comfortable. Surprisingly, she let me pick any outfit of my choice, saying that she trusted my full judgement and to not second guess my fashion abilities.

So, as I continue to look into the mirror, I admire my outfit.

My legs were cladded in light, high waisted mustard coloured trousers. Pairing my striking pants with a lace, white body suit, accentuating my chest ever so slightly.

I felt bold in my outfit choice, but still me.

The makeup Violet had done wasn't what I was expecting. Violet being the eyeliner queen, I expected her typical smokey eye but, to my shock, I was left with a light coverage, golden and glory look that I adored.

My eyebrows were fuller and my lashes longer, and all together, for the first time in a very long time— I felt pretty.

Modestly checking myself out, I hear Violet chuckle behind me as she passes me my white chucks.

"Not my shoe of choice but, you're the fashion major." She sends a wink towards me as I shyly crouch down to tie my sneakers.

Violet continues to prance around her room, from outfit to outfit she finally decides and changes, humming under her breath with glee.

"I can't wait for Noah to see you! He's going to be in awe."

"I'm not looking this good to impress him, Vi." I shake my head slightly with a smile as we walk out of the room.

Even the thought of going there with Noah worries me.

It was strictly business, he helped me and I great fully returned him a favour.

Then we complete our tasks and we're back to being friends, that's all.

I look to Violet as she twirls passed me, asking for my approval in her subtle but great outfit of choice.

Violet went for a different look compared to mine, as she wears a tight red dress with a low cut on her chest, and to say she looked smoking was an understatement.

"I feel definitely less hotter than I did before walking into this apartment." A familiar voice echoes as they enter our dorm and Nora's smug face shines bright on her perfect complexion.

"Now if you ladies are ready, we better leave." Nora's bright brown eyes roll as we chuckle and go to leave our apartment.

Before following, I check my appearance once more— the self conscious side of me growing larger as the time to leave grows closer.