16

"She's alive!" A loud voice pulses through my head as I wince, opening my eyes as the sounds of curtains open and the sunlight burns my sight.

I could barely lift my head as I moan.

It felt as thought my brain had been replaced by thousands of rocks and they were being thrown inside my head.

And then, the rocks were being stomped on my a giant elephant who liked to see me in pain.

Think I am over exaggerating?

You clearly have never been drinking with Violet before.

Squinting my eyes slightly at the harshness of light, I realize that I am not actually in my own room.

"Don't talk—head hurts." I flopped back down on the bed and Mason chuckles at my obvious pained state.

I slowly raise myself from their couch as I see Mason's tall frame retreating to the kitchen.

I scratch my head and wipe away the excess mascara under my eyes and wince in disgust.

"Remind me to never challenge your wild side, ever again." Mason walks back into the living room, handing me a glass of water and aspirin, I gratefully thank him as I down the medication to hopefully cure this ridiculous hang over.

I purse my lips, the memories from last night were blank as I notice a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

My mind started to go into panic mode, what the hell happened last night?

"All I remember is dancing with Violet to that stupid Becky G song and everything else is a complete, blur." I bring my hand up to my head, clutching onto it as if it would fall off my shoulders any minute as I sat up.

The blankets now over my lap were sending me into a sweat, I toss them off.

I look to Mason and the smug, confused face never left his face.

"So, you're telling me you have.... no idea?" A cheeky smile rose to his lips and I furrow my eyebrows as the pit of anxiety grows further.

I get up slowly as each step I took felt like an earthquake in my head, this is why I don't go to parties.

"Why are you giving me the look!?" I wince at my slightly loud voice and Mason rolls his eyes.

"What look?!" His defensive nature returning.

"That– that look! The one you give as if I've created a crime!" I argue and he scoffs before taking my glass of water and walking into the kitchen, me in tow.

"Don't be so dramatic, AJ. I'm sure you will remember eventually." He hints as I look at him bewildered.

"What the crap is that suppose to mean?!" He laughs as I wince once more, my unintended shrill voice hurting my aching head.

Before he could answer my question, the apartment door swings open and shuts with a loud bang, Carter walking in with a harsh stance.

"It's always lovely to wake up to happy faces each morning, it really is." Mason's sarcasm not received greatly as Carter throws a harsh glare before he walks into the bathroom, slamming another door.

"— well this has been fun but, I'm going back to my apartment to sleep and never return to the real world."  I grab a random jacket from their coat rack and open the front door once more, before turning back to Mason's entertained face.