14

Typically, your average college student loves the social, party interaction of their college experience, right?

I mean, the booze, the sweaty atmosphere of you adults  dry humping each other on the dance floor as Tove Lo plays in the background, whilst everyone is either drunk or high out of their minds! Man, what a place that I should love to be at right?

Wrong.

And that is exactly the argument I was having with Carter, right now.

"April, honestly I love you but— if you do not come to this party and stay home and be boring I might actually have to disown you."

You could tell he was getting frustrated with me, my stubborn self was really testing the boundaries of our long term friendship as he pleaded for me to accompany the group to this guys frat party that I had zero interest in.

I sigh and slam my Design study notebook shut.

I am obviously not going to be able to concentrate on my work anytime soon with the menacing blonde boy beside me on the couch, nagging in my ear.

"Carter, for the millionth time. I see no joy nor a point of me going to that party. And no— I don care if Violet's going! In case you have forgotten, she is also your best friend. Just because I don't have this undying love for her—"

"APRIL! Shut up! She could come home any moment!" You could almost see the steam coming out of his ears at my obvious big mouth that was not even remotely close to blurting out his huge secret.

That basically everyone knew about besides her.

"I.  Am. Not. Going."

I spoke slowly as  he obviously did not understand me the first one million times he asked and  I look him straight in the eye before going to stand up to walk away.

"Noah's going." His tone was teasing and I tried to fight he urge to slap my best friend.

I turn back to him with a blank look on my face.

"And you think that's going to change my mind, how exactly?"

He rolls his eyes at me before continuing.

"Because he's your boyfriend and—"

"Fake boyfriend." I but in, popping a grape into my mouth as I lean against our kitchen counter, Carter on the opposing side to me, also leaning close towards me.

We eventually had to tell the rest of our friends that Noah and I's relationship  was a complete sham.

We tried to keep our act together but it lasted all of one day until both Carter and Mason decided making sexual remarks regarding Noah and I together one night over dinner and the awkward tension between us was too suffocating for that little booth we were all squished into.

So I blurted out the plan, as if it were word  vomit. A few short minutes of their silence made me feel uneasy, not to mention Noah's constant and  obvious "Are you stupid?" look was glaring into the sides of my face made it worse.

Then they all laughed it off as if it were the funniest joke they had heard all week! Until all of their minds put together started to tick over and join in and make this plan a little more devious and spiteful.

"—And, because wouldn't it be lovely if new guy bumped into dumb and dumber with another girl, other than the ever so lovely April Pearson?" My eyebrows quirked up at him.