11

If you ever saw Violet in the hallway of our apartment building, or even on campus, you would portray her as a sweet, small kind girl, and trust me, Vi may look the least bit intimidating from just the small petite girl she is, but boy has that girl got a temper for a 5'3 blonde.

Just as I had walked back into our apartment, here she was, 3 feet away with her arms crossed over in a menacing stance as her body is cladded in her bright blue fluffy robe and her elephant slipper covered feet tapped on the floor of our apartment as her eyes held a fit of rage inside.

She was more menacing than my own mother when I go out unexpectedly at night, it's slightly terrifying.

I stood at our front door, feet away from her as she continued to tap her foot menacingly.

I cringed slightly as I set my keys down on the table and hung my coat up, trying to avoid whatever wrath I had unintentionally got myself into.

I nod towards her awkwardly as I walk passed her, pretending that I hadn't noticed her whole angry grandma role.

I quickly slipped into my room, grabbing a random textbook and my reading glasses and sat on my bed, pretending to be engrossed in my Sociology text book as I await for my best friend to barge in at any moment.

Within 4 seconds, my door is swung open and in walks Nanny McPhee in all her glory.

"April Jane Pearson what on EARTH have you done." My best friend crosses her arms and I roll my eyes.

I knew exactly what she was implying but, the child in me loved to occasionally press her buttons.

"You know, I would say that whole act is intimidating if you weren't wearing your fluffy elephant slippers." I say as I shut my text book and place it on my desk.

I notice Violet's facial expression of intimidation not change and I roll my eyes and sigh in defeat.

So I instantly had to spill what I did, because under that fiery gaze, nobody can look Violet in the eyes and lie to her. And that's a proven fact.

But let's just say, she wasn't taking it very well.

Heck, even I don't know how I was taking it.

"APRIL! Please for the love of everything holy, this is one of your elaborate and quite frankly unfunny jokes you're telling me before you tell me what actually happened."  My best friend pleaded as she sat on my bed, I got up and walked towards my desk, going to sit down.

"My jokes are funny—"

"APRIL."

Violet's tone was loud and I roll my eyes as I turn in my desk chair, facing her.

My silence made her eyes widen as she slaps her forehead in annoyance.

"I maybe, slightly — only a little bit, maybe completely be telling the truth."
I say quietly as I visibly cringe as I watch my best friend sit gobsmacked, obviously debating whether to slap me or slap herself.

"HAVE YOU COMPLETELY LOST YOUR MIND?!"

Who knew such a small girl could hold such a powerful voice?

I roll my eyes and go to speak but I was left silent and confused as she continued ranting and pacing back and forth.

"I don't know whether to slap you or to kick you! Hell! I might do both!"