4

It seemed to good to be true.

I mean— I was in the deepest sleep I had ever endured.

It was as if I were to be on a literal cloud!

Until, that is, I woke up in an absolute panic, realising that I missed my alarm.

My eyes opening to check my phone and essentially sprinting out of bed, my head spinning from all the sudden movements.

I steady myself before letting the panic return.

I was late for work— scratch that, I had essentially skipped HALF of my shift.

With a burst of adrenaline, I sprint into my bathroom and dress in what seemed like a split second.

Before I grab my car keys and other essentials to rush to work, my calendar catches my eye.

That burst of adrenaline had descended quicker than when it came.

Saturday.

It was god damn SATURDAY.

My one day off out of the 6 day work week.

I mentally facepalm myself before I collapse back into my bed, judging myself intensely at the stress I had just endured.

I reach for my phone and scroll through, slowly feeling the stress flutter out of my chest.

I was not exactly surprised when I read that I had  3 new messages.

2 out of three are from Violet.

Drunk texts are a usual occurrence when it comes to Violet'a weekend.

Sometime's I'll be lucky, she could text Carter all night and only send me through a couple of the typical "You're my best friend, I love you!" texts.

Or she could unleash it all and ring me all night and feel the need to tell me each tiny little detail of her night, which could start with the first round of shots to the ending of either her being sick or landing an "extreme hottie" - her words, not mine.

Not to mention she would also include which boy I would look "so, incredibly cute!" with at that party.

Speaking from experience, as she has previously given a strange, party guy my number and he had texted me the entirety of that night.

I might add that he was at least 12 years older to my previous 17-year-old self.

I gave her the silent treatment for two days.

'April! U need 2 get her asap!! It's wild!"

I let out a soft chuckle at her spelling and her drunk state that she had put herself into, Violet normally being the grammar king out of us bunch, seeing her drunk texting never failed to entertain me at the slightest.

'I have so many regrets.'

Sent 7:02 am

I read the message from Violet and shake my head at an obvious hungover girl.

I close out of the message before scrolling back through to see the others.

"Everything okay? Ring me later today. "

Sent 6:55 am

"Please tell me you also got Violet's texts too?"

Sent 7:05 am

A small smile forms onto my face as I read Carter's messages, obviously trying to lighten the mood after last nights events, I reply back with a simple "Of course!" to both messages he sent.