Chapter 1: I will never be the same

- Continuing from the last chapter of the first book -

"What is it?" I asked looking at my mom.

Ryan turned around and faced her as well.

"It's Andrew and Kayleen...." She said quietly.

"What about them?" I asked again a little more nervous this time.

"There was a plane that was on its way to LA and it crashed...."

I didn't say anything. My entire face went dead cold as I ran upstairs to my old room trying to find my phone so I could call them to see if they were already in LA by the time the plane crashed.

I dialed Andrew's number first.

"Cmon pick up.... Pick up!" I yelled.

It went to voicemail.

I dialed Kayleen's number to see if she would answer but nothing still.

I heard footsteps from behind me. I turned around and it was James the little ghost boy.

"There you are where have you been?" I asked kneeling down in front of James.

"This man told me to bring you something." He said.

"What man? And bring me what?" I asked.

James pointed to the door. I stood up and slowly walked to it opening it slightly to peak through I saw nothing so I swung the door open.

"James there isn't anything here." I said turning around to face him.

James shook his head "Look again."

I felt a cold brush of air go against my neck. I turned my head and saw the worse thing that could've happened. This was a nightmare. This was hell. I felt completely sick to my stomach.

"Andrew.... Kayleen....."

I fell to the ground and threw up all over my carpet. My stomach was in my throat. I looked up slightly to see Andrew and Kayleen run over to me.

"Lydia!" Was the last thing I heard before everything went dark.

XXX

( Half Hour Later )

"Lydia?"

"LYDIA! Wake up!" Ryan said looking down on me.

I opened my eyes slowly as they adjusted to the brightness of the room.

I looked up into his chocolaty brown eyes which were looking down on me with worry.

I slowly leaned up and felt a sudden rush of dizziness.

"Hey now, take it slow." Ryan said wrapping his arms around me. I leaned against his chest on the couch as I slowly recovered from passing out.

For a second of being in Ryan's arms I kinda forgot all about what happened to Andrew and Kayleen.

"Ryan... They're dead" I said emotionlessly as I laid on his arms.

He bit his lip and nodded. "I know...."

You talk about how no one lives forever in life wether it be at school, at home, at church, or just randomly with your friends or family but once it happens... It really hits you. You don't think it'll happen to you. You think You'll live a long life and so will the people you love but no.... You're not that special. Anything could happen to you in the blink of an eye. The future isn't set. No matter how hard you try to make it the way you want it to be. Death is relevant.

My two best friends are dead. My two best friends in this entire world are gone. Yes, I can still see them and hear them but that's not the same. I will never lay in bed with them and eat ice cream every again. I will never get to stand at the alter at one of there weddings and hear them say "I do." I will never get to hold their children and get to call myself their godmother. I will never get to grow old with them and sit in an old folks home and play some stupid old timers game with them in our rocking chairs. I will never get to be with my best friends ever again.... And if you don't know what it's like to lose someone you love... Well then be grateful because once you lose someone... You'll never be the same again.... And now I know what's it's like.... And I can now say that "I will never be the same again"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note- Ahhh! The first chapter of the second book! Thanks to all who read this! Hit over a thousand reads on the first book! I hope we can do the same with the second one! It's a little short but that's only because it's just starting to get into things! I hope you guys enjoy this! And Lydia! I love you!<3 enjoy!