Chapter 18: Promise

Keegan and I spent Valentine's Day and a few days after basically just in my apartment. We never really left unless we had to go to class. We ordered food out whenever we got hungry and that's basically that. I didn't really wanna deal with anything else besides Keegan. Especially not Damien. Or even Ryan. Seeing either of them would cause my adrenaline and stress to sky rocket. And all I wanted was some piece and quiet in my life. And I got that with Keegan. I got that peaceful quietness that I oh so much needed.

Keegan understood too. He said that nothing to this extent has ever happened with him but he understands that seeing ghosts can be a bit of a problem at times. We talked about our old stories. From when I was stuck inside my high school with Kayleen as we were trying to help this ghost get free of the bind he was in. He was some how attached to the school and couldn't leave. And the only way for him to move on was to tell our old English teacher that there son was there and how he needed to tell her something before he could move on. Once he told her though he was able to leave that school and he did. He went into the light and was happy. Plus I got extra credit every day in English class since that incident. So I mean I guess that's a perk.

One of the stories he told me was something about how he was in a really bad bus accident in middle school when he was in in 8th grade and how one of the students died and he had to help them move on into the light. He didn't really go that much into detail because I could tell that it was still a sore subject for him. He must've been close to the student that had died. But I can understand.

I told him about the whole incident earlier this year. With Andrew and Kayleen and Ryan and James. Both James'. It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be but I still cried so I guess it's still a sore subject to talk about as well.

After we talked about all our past stories we decided we'd not talk about ghosts or anything for the rest of the day. We just wanted to sit in our apartment and watch Disney movies all day while eating popcorn.

I turned on 'Big Hero 6' because that movie is honestly in my top 5 favorite Disney movies ever. Keegan also really liked that movie. He said it wasn't really that big of a kid movie so he enjoyed it more when he saw it when it came out when we were in high school. I was actually pretty surprised to hear him say he enjoyed that movie. I never really took Keegan as a Disney kind of guy. Even though he'd need to become one because Disney is my life.

"What other Disney movies do you like?" I asked Keegan as I snuggled up more into his arm.

He tightened  his grip around me and shrugged his shoulders as much as he could considering I was leaning against him. "I'm not sure. I like a lot to be honest just some I don't like. Like the princess movies. Not really my thing."

I nodded my head. "Understandable"

Laying there in Keegans arms watching the movie made me think about a few things. For example how I started my life in LA this past August and how much has changed since then. It's only been what? 7 months and I've already had a more adventurous life than all my previous years of living in my old town of Racine, Wisconsin.

Crazy how much a persons life can change.

I felt a cold brush against my neck and Andrew and Kayleen were standing in front of the tv.

"Hey guys. What are you doing?" I asked I scooted away from Keegan so I could sit up properly on the couch.

"We've found some stuff out about Damien." Kayleen said

"Like what?" I asked leaning forward.

"Like why he's the way he is."Kayleen said

"He lost both his parents at the age of 7." Andrew said

"So he became crazy in the mean time?" Keegan asked with a hint of laughter in his voice.

"Well..." Kayleen said rolling her eyes at him.

Kayleen didn't like Keegan much. She thought me and Ryan were supposed to end up together. She thought me and him were meant to be. Not me and Keegan. Andrew on the other hand didn't mind Keegan. He didn't not like Ryan but he did like Keegan.

"Kayleen.." I said giving her a stern glare.

She rolled her eyes and continued. "Apparently when he was younger his parents met this guy. He had a top hat on. And he wore a trench coat. I don't know his name but apparently he's a really known person on this side."

"And apparently he's really interested in you? Or at least that's what Damien says. But I think Damien is just crazy and has a freak obsession with you." Andrew said with a slight chuckle.

"So what do we do about Damien?" Keegan asked me.

"I guess talk to him? Get him some help. I mean I don't really know what else to do." I said

"No you can't talk to him! Are you crazy?" Keegan said with wide eyes.

"Well what else am I suppose to do? He needs help Keegan."

"As much as I hate to say this... I agree with Keegan Lyds. You can't go by him. I want you to stay as far away as possible." Kayleen said with a stern voice.

Andrew nodded in agreement. And so did Keegan.

I care that they all care about me so much. But if they're right about Damien's back story. He's just a sick guy who needs some therapy and help. If I can help him get that well then I gotta try.

"Okay... I won't talk to him and I'll stay away from him." I lied.

"Thank you." Keegan said leaning over placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

Kayleen rolled her eyes and turned around. "Okay I'm going to leave you guys to go back to watching Big Hero." She said disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Andrew nodded "I'll go and do the same."

With that they were both gone and it was just me and Keegan again.

"You promise me you won't talk to him or go by him?" Keegan said lifting out a pinky finger.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "I promise."

"And why don't I believe you?" Keegan said squinting his eyes at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know."

Keegan sighed. "Well let's get back to our movie. Come here." He said with a smile as he wrapped his arm around me pulling me back over on top of him.

I snuggled back into his arms and rested my head on his chest.

Authors Note~ Shorter chapter but that's okay because it's leading up to things and basically is adding in some things. Like how Kayleen doesn't like Keegan. Which we kinda saw earlier in the book but now we're seeing more of it. And how Lydia is lying to the three of them and is probably going to go and talk to Damien. Good idea? Or bad idea?