Chapter 13: Potential

"Damien... He's trying to what? Take my soul?" Ryan asked sitting down next to me on the couch with a glass full of water.

I grabbed the glass and took a sip of it. "That's what I'm assuming..."

"But why? What does he want with me?" Ryan asked curiously wrapping an arm around me pulling me over so that my head was now on his shoulder.

"I don't think he necessarily wants you... I think he wants to get at me some how... And well the only way to do that is to get one of the last few things that matter most to me in my life."

I looked up into Ryan's eyes and smiled planting a soft kiss on his lips. His warm soft lips that always gave me butterflies whenever we kissed.

"Don't worry Lyds... He won't get me. Cause I'm not leaving you. I promise. I won't ever leave you" Ryan grabbed my face gently with one of his hands and slowly brought my face back into his lips.

I started to smile during the kiss which eventually broke it.

* Knock Knock Knock *

"Saved by the bell?" I said chuckling softly while biting my lip.

"Well not exactly.." Ryan said kissing my nose as he pulled his arm back away from me so I could get up and open the door.

I walked over to the door and opened it. Keegan stood there with pizza and some wine. "I didn't know exactly what you wanted in wine? So I just got the same wine we drank last time."

"Who's that?" Ryan asked sitting on the couch.

Crap... I totally forgot me and Keegan had made plans for today. But ever since Ryan told me about his cancer I've been more focused on him then anything in the world.

"Shit... Keegan I totally forgot..." I said biting my lip in regret.

Keegan realized that Ryan was here and he took an awkward step back. "Right... Umm no that's fine... I ummm... I guess I'll talk to you later?"

I nodded my head and gave a sorrowful guilty look. "I'm really sorry..."

Keegan nodded his head and gave a small fake smile. I could tell he was pissed and upset and maybe even a little bit heart broken.

He walked back to his apartment room and slammed the door shut.

I turned around and closed the door also.

"Who was that?" Ryan asked curiously now sitting up on the couch with his hands around his glass of water.

"It was Keegan... I had forgotten I made plans with him today..." I said nervously realizing that I didn't tell Ryan me and him were hanging out now.

Ryan went speechless and looked down at his feet. "I guess I'll go then and let you two be alone."

Ryan stood up and started walking toward the door. I grabbed his arm and spun him around so that he was now facing me.

"Ryan please haven't we gone through this enough?" I said pleading with him to stop.

I loved Ryan a lot... But every time we do this... I just. He needs to trust me if we plan on getting married eventually.