Chapter 16: Myself

"Are things going to be awkward now?" Keegan asked sitting next to me on the couch as he played with his fingers.

"What? No? Why would things be awkward?" I asked a little awkward even though I'm playing it off like things aren't and won't be awkward.

I had a bad poker face so he knew that I was feeling awkward. "Maybe I should go?" He said standing up walking toward the door in a brisk pace.

"No don't leave... Don't leave me..." I said softly under my breathe as I reached out to grab his arm but stopping half way.

He turned around toward me and smiled a bit. "I could never leave you..."

I blushed and looked down at my feet.

"You don't think this is rushed or anything?" Keegan asked as he walked back toward me now maybe two or three feet away from me.

"No... I mean... Yes... Or well I don't know... Do you think this is rushed?" I asked playing with my arms awkwardly as I stood there unsure of what to do with myself.

"I mean... I've loved you since I saw you for the first time and that was a couple months ago..." Keegan said taking a step closer to me.

"And although it may be rushed. I'm in love with you. I really am. When I saw you and dropped my box full of stuff I was seriously smitten with you the minute my blue eyes landed on your beautiful green ones."

I was taken aback by what Keegan had said. I guess all this time I was only lying to myself. I guess I was the same way as Keegan. The minute my green eyes fell into his blue eyes I was hooked.

"I.... I'm in love with you too..." I said biting my lip.

"I think all this time I've always been in love with you. And yeah it may be bad for me to say that considering me and my fiancé just ended things... But it's true and I'm done lying to myself and everyone around me. I'm in love with you... I'm actually genuinely deeply and madly in love with you." I said grabbing a hold of Keegans hands as I stared fondly into his eyes.

"You wanna know something funny..." I asked chuckling to myself.

"What?" He asked smiling at me.

"You're like a dream that becomes reality. You know it's not real inside of your head but when it finally becomes your life. You can't help but have deja vu. Your my deja vu. Your my dream that has become reality. And I don't know... I just find it funny... How you've always been right in front of me but I've been blocking it out all this time..."

Keegan smiled and licked his lips. "Have I ever told you how much I admire your view on things. You're so different and I love that about you. You're down to earth... You're original. You're... Beautiful... And... Man I'm getting distracted by how much I love you I can't even continue on with what I was originally thinking..."

I laughed and started to play with Keegans fingers which were intertwined with mine.

"Stop... You're making me blush." I said looking down at my feet.

Keegan laughed and lifted my head up with his hand. His fingers placed gently on my jaw.

"Don't ever look away. You're beautiful when you blush. I love knowing I can make you happy that way." He said with a smirk.