Chapter 22: Team

( Keegan's POV )

I handed the money to the waiter who served us that was by the cash register and gave a small polite smile. I gave him an extra tip of $20... that I normally wouldn't give to a waiter. But he made this night with Lydia the best night ever.

"Thank you so much!" The waiter said putting the $20 in his pocket.

"No thank you. You made this night amazing for me and my girl. Thank you." I said smiling

I walked back outside to get Lydia so we could head home. She wasn't at the table where we ate so I assumed she was still in the bathroom.

I sat down and went on my phone for a little bit.

"What's taking her so long?" I said to myself as I looked up from my phone after a few more minutes of waiting.

"Sir is everything okay?" A waiter asked noticing me still sitting here.

"Wha- oh umm yeah I'm fine I'm just waiting for my girl friend." I said.

The waiter nodded and smiled before walking away to get back to work.

I got up from the table and walked the way Lydia went to go to the bathroom. I walked until I stepped on something hearing a crack come from underneath my foot.

I looked down and it was Lydia's phone lying on the floor.

I leaned down and picked it up.

What the heck? Why did she leave her phone here? I looked around and called out her name but nothing.

I walked over to the bathroom and pushed it open. I called out her name again but nothing.

"Keegan!" I heard someone yell from behind me.

I whipped around but no one was standing there.

"Keegan it's me Andrew."

I jumped a bit from how loud he yelled. "Jesus. Ya know I may not be able to see you but I can hear you perfectly fine dude."

"Sorry. Keegan somethings wrong."

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I don't know... But me and Kayleen have a bad feeling. Let's just say being on this side we can tell when someone close to us is in danger."

"Wait... Where is Lydia?" Andrew asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know she said she was going to the bathroom but she isn't in there and she dropped her phone and left it on the ground. I don't know where she went." I said a little more worried now that Andrew and Kayleen have a bad feeling about something that has happened to Lydia.

"I don't think that's a coincidence. Something's wrong." Andrew said.

"Yeah... Meet me back at the apartment we can talk more there. Since right now people are giving me stares considering I'm talking to myself still." I said smiling at a nearby group of people.

"Yeah, hurry." Andrew said before everything went silent.

XXX