Chapter 19: Bad Decision

Today was the day. I would walk to chemistry and I would talk to Damien because for some reason I always run into him. Either he is stalking me or it's just meant to happen that way.

Was talking to him going to be a smart idea? Most likely not but I had to. If talking about his family and his past was going to help him then that's what I had to do. If that was the only way to turn him away from the evil things that he does then this was the only thing I knew I had to do.

I grabbed my bag and left an hour before Keegan. He wasn't even awake before I left. I had to do this in secret. Keegan didn't want me to talk to him and I knew that if Keegan walked with me to chemistry and I saw Damien he would stop me from confronting him.

I left as silently as I could. So that I wouldn't wake him. I made my way down and over to the college court yard. It was pretty empty as of right now. Only a few students here and there. I kept looking around to see if I could spot Damien but considering I did leave an hour early. I highly doubt he'll already be out here.

I sat in a bench and waited a good 20 minutes before he came around the corner. I stood up and walked over to him. He started grinning as soon as he noticed me.

"My love there you are." Damien said reaching out to touch my hand. I pulled away and took a step back.

"Don't touch me." I said with my teeth clenched together.

"Feisty as always..." He said with a smirk.

I stood in silence for a bit wondering about how I should start this conversation with him.

"No ring I see." He said looking at my hand.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down at my hand. He was right there was no ring anymore.

"I see something happened.." He said flipping his black hair out of his eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "That isn't the reason why I've decided to come and talk to you."

"Hmm than what was the reason?" He asked curiously with a smirk while crossing his arms.

"I wanted to talk about your family." I said softly.

The smirk that was on his face instantly dropped. He looked angry now. And in all honesty it kinda scared me. And at this point I was kinda regretting this decision to bring it up with him.

"I suggest you walk away now Lydia."

I shook my head. "No... I wanna help you."

He chuckled. "You wanna help me? Hmm, interesting. You the good ghost whisperer always trying to help people."

Damien took a few steps closer so that his mouth was right by my ear. He whispered softly into it which caused a chill to run down my spine.

"I suggest you don't try that with me. You've already angered enough people as it is. You don't wanna anger me too."

I took a big gulp and stepped back. "Please Damien. I'm just trying to help."

He laughed and shook his head. "I don't want your help! I don't need you help! If you don't stop this right now I'll have a lot more to do to you in the future than I already have planed so you'd best keep your mouth fucking shut!"

"Hey!" Keegan yelled running over. "I suggest you never talk to her like that again or else next time you say something that'll be the last time you have teeth!"

I smiled and bit my lip as Keegan stood in front of me protectively.

Damien scoffed and turned around waving his hand back at us. "Just make sure she doesn't go sticking her head where it doesn't belong. Or else she'll end up having a lot more problems than just losing her teeth."

Keegan shook his head. "Damnit Lydia!? Why didn't you listen to me and Kayleen when we told you not to come and do this!"

I shrugged my shoulders "I don't know... I just... I wanted to help. There is a better way of handling all this not by just violence."

Keegan sighed. "Yeah.. But just next time please have me come with you. I'd like to not have to find you kidnapped or anything by him."

I chuckled "Okay I promise. Next time"

XXX

"Lydia! Why didn't you listen to us?!" Kayleen yelled at me with her arms wrapped together.

"I just wanted to help him. That's what I do. I help people. He's just another lost soul like the rest of them." I said crossing my arms.

"No he isn't he's not a lost soul at all. He is alive and he is crazy." Kayleen yelled still furious.

"Why are you so mad?" I said shocked to see Kayleen yelling at me like this.

"Because..." She said looking away from me.

"Because why?" I asked

"Because I don't want you dead like me and Andrew... I don't want you to lose out on living a long life. I just want you to be happy..." She said still looking away from me.

"Kay.. I am sorry...."

"Its fine... Ill see you later.." She said. And with that she was gone in a blink of an eye.

I didn't know how to feel. Was I forcing them to stay here just so that they can keep an eye on me and make sure that I live a long life. Was I keeping Andrew and Kayleen from their own happiness so that I could be happy?

Was it my fault that they died in that plane crash.... Was all this my fault.

AUTHORS NOTE ~ This is a short chapter because I don't have anything else to put into this chapter. But exciting chapters are coming up. Well actually the next chapter is going to end with a cliffhanger so oops spoiler sorry. Thanks for reading! Its been awhile since ive updated sorry for that. Hopefully I actually get my shit together and actually update regularly. I am on spring break now so maybe ill get a few chapters out in the next week. ;)