Chapter 6: Christmas Eve

Time flew by these past few weeks. It was already Christmas but if felt like it was still summer. I guess that's one of the perks of being in Los Angeles. It never snows and it's never freezing out. Yes it can get cold at times like in the fifties but overall it's pretty warm full year round.

I had just finished present shopping as well. I decided I'd get Ryan a new book series he really wanted to read. Game of thrones? I never watched the show but he has and he loves it so I thought it'd be a great present. I also got him a new watch he really wanted. Costed around two hundred dollars but I don't care. I'd give him anything he wanted. I also got him a new cologne. He didn't ask for it but I was shopping and I really liked the smell so I thought it'd be a win win sort of thing.

I got him a bunch of other things too. Mainly small things though because he said he didn't want me to spend a lot on him. Even though I wanted to. He meant the world to me and all I wanted was to give the world back to him.

The entire apartment was set up in all different Christmas designs. Fake snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. Colorful lights across the ceiling all around the house. Stockings hung up on the wall and doors. A wreath hanging over the living room door. I really wanted it to feel like it was Christmas inside since outside looked like May or June.

The Christmas tree was my favorite thing to do though. Me and Ryan had done it together. We made hot chocolate and put on some Christmas music. It was a great night until he accidentally spilled his cocoa on me. But that just made me take off my shirt which I'm pretty sure hurt him more than it hurt me. I definitely got payback by teasing him.

Ryan was out right now getting last minute Christmas presents. I guess he's one of those people who do every thing last minute.

*Knock Knock*

I put down a few candles that I was about to light to bring that last hint of Christmas to the house. I walked over to the door and opened it to see a guy I wasn't expecting to see.

"Keegan... I wasn't expecting you? I thought you said you were going home for the holidays?" I said smiling welcoming him inside.

He shook his head. "I was planning on it but I didn't... I decided I'd stay here and just be by myself for the holidays."

I felt bad for him. I wonder why he decided to not go back home for the holidays?

"Well why don't you spend the holidays with me and Ryan? Even though you want to be alone..." I asked chuckling awkwardly walking into the kitchen to grab us some drinks.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna intrude on you two..." He said scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Yes I'm sure. Here." I said handing him a cup of warm tea that I was making for myself.

"Thank you Lydia." He said with a smile.

I still couldn't get over the fact of how cute he was. But I loved Ryan and honestly I'm pretty sure Keegan only sees me as a friend or maybe just a neighbor I don't know but it doesn't seem like he likes me. And that's okay because once again Ryan is the love of my life. And that will never change no matter what happens.

After about an hour and a half of me and Keegan just watching Christmas movies on tv and just hanging out and laughing and having a good time Ryan came home.