Chapter 3: Back Home

The funeral was finally over. It was official at this point. Kayleen and Andrew were gone. And they weren't ever coming back. I was more upset that I didn't even get to say goodbye to them in a proper manner. They just left and went into the light without saying bye one last time.

I couldn't be mad at them though. I mean it's the light... They probably saw someone beautiful... Or someone they loved who had died and they couldn't wait but to see them again. To hug them again. I know that's how it'll be for me once I get there. To see Kayleen and Andrew standing there. To run up to them and hug them again like they had never been gone...

"Hey babe... You ready?" Ryan said reaching out a hand for me to take.

I was so lost in my own thoughts again that I didn't even realize everyone was basically gone and I had still been sitting in the same chair.

I nodded my head and grabbed his hand. "I'm ready..."

He was taking me back to the car so that we could go to the after service for food and drinks. I always thought that that was weird. Someone you love dies and then you go get food. It kinda makes it seem like it's a celebration... But it's not. I mean I love food don't get me wrong but it's just weird.

As we were walking to the car I felt a cold brush against my skin. "Did you feel that?" I asked Ryan who had stopped walking since I had stopped walking.

He shook his head. "No I didn't feel anything..."

I turned around and looked across the cemetery but there was nothing. I kept looking around to see if I could see anyone but there was no one. Guess it was just my imagination that's getting to me.

"Never mind it's nothing..." I said retaking Ryan's hand in mine continuing back to the car.

Another cold brush went against my skin. I turned around again seeing nothing but the cold cemetery.

"Lydia are you okay?" He asked grabbing a hold of my arm gently.

I nodded my head and hugged Ryan. "Yeah I'm fine... I'm fine..."

I was lying. There is no way in hell that I was okay right now. My two best friends are dead and now I'm going nuts... I shook my head getting myself out of my thoughts again.

I could see two figures standing behind a tree off behind Ryan. I let go of Ryan and began to walk in that direction.

"Stay here I'll be right back." I said softly as I picked up my pace over to the trees.

The two people turned around realizing that I was standing here. And that I had seen them.

"Kay... Andrew?" I said as I could feel my heart get stuck in my throat.

They turned around and smiled at me softly. They didn't know what to say they kinda just stood there awkwardly.

"Hey Lyds..." Andrew said biting his lip.

I felt like throwing up again. "You guys didn't go into the light....."

They shook their heads. "Why not?" I asked.

"We can't leave you yet Lydia..." Kayleen said with her voice breaking.

I could tell she was about to cry but she was holding it back by biting her tongue. "I'll be okay... I just.... I'll be lost for awhile but eventually.... I will find myself and be okay..." I said trying to sound reassuring. I was trying to get them into the light knowing that I'm fine and that ill be okay but did I think that I was going to be okay? Was I not only lying to them but to myself as well?