Dangerous Games

The night grew later and the snow began to blanket the ground. Nevaeh tugged Thorin towards the door. They retreated back into the warmth of the lodge, finding themselves in Nevaeh's room. Thorin meant to return to his own room, where Dwalin's loud snores would be waiting. But when he made to leave, Nevaeh's hand swiftly grabbed a hold of his wrist.

"You can stay, you know." She whispered. "You don't have to go."

"Do you want me to?" He raised his brow. She rolled her eyes, giving him one of her don't be stupid looks, and lightly nudged the open door with her foot. He gave a boyish grin that sent her heart aflutter. He followed her into the room. The temperature of the room was a drastic change from that of the hall. He looked to the fireplace and found that the fire was nearly out. Nevaeh noticed his discomfort.

"Oh, right." She began to move about, almost too quick for his eyes to follow. "I forget sometimes." She tossed a log into the fire and began stoking it. Thorin came up behind her and pressed his body against hers. Her eyes closed and her knees grew week as is hands traveled down her arms. He took the fire iron out of her hand.

"Let me." He said low in her ear. She swallowed hard and took a deep breath. His scent was swimming around her, taunting her with every breath she took. She loved it, but it was a dangerous game. She shuddered and forced herself back to reality. Turning to face him, she gave a light peck to the side of his mouth, before strolling over toward the bed. She pulled back the covers and adjusted the pillows. Thorin knelt in front of the growing fire, still prodding it. She unlaced her cloak and placed it over the armchair. She slipped up behind him and removed his cloak, tossing it over her own. He went a bit rigid.

"You should sleep." Her voice was soft as the falling snow. "Tomorrow will be a long day." His eyes drifted to hers. She was right, as she normally was, but sleep was the last thing he wanted in that moment. He wanted her. He wanted to know every inch of her as intimately as possible. He would gladly stay locked in this room forever if that was his prize. "Leave your boots by the fire." As if her voice had control of him, he rose from the floor and took a seat in the armchair. He freed his laces and kicked off his heavy boots. They fell with a loud thud. He watched as she moved across the room, putting out all of the candles. The thin white material of her gown clinging to her pale skin with every movement. He had never seen her in a gown. He had never seen her in a dress. He had only ever seen her in traveling clothes. He had to admit, it was an odd, but not unwelcome change. She felt his eyes on her. "Don't get any ideas, Master Dwarf." She teased and turned to grin at him. She heard his breathing hitch. She walked toward him. He never batted an eyelash. His mouth watered with desire. Her fingers glided through his beard, causing his eyes to flutter shut. "Come to bed." She whispered. Leaning over, she pressed her lips to his. He sucked on her lower lip, gently nipping and tugging. He managed to slip his tongue into her mouth. He tasted like sin and she wanted nothing more than to succumb him. He pulled her into his lap, fisting his hands in her mass of hair. As the kiss grew deeper, the fire in her veins raged on. A soft moan escaped her lips and that only fueled his lust. His tongue ravaged her mouth, unable to resist her sweet taste.

With a guttural growl, Thorin lifted her in up and carried her toward the bed. She gave a small giggle and he smiled against her lips. Their kiss was broken when he place her feet on the floor, though her arms were still wrapped tightly around his neck. His fingers glided against the thin fabric over her hips. Her eyes closed and he pressed his forehead to hers. His eyes were dark with desire. The arousal within him was becoming irresistible. He kissed his way from her forehead to her temple to her cheek to her swollen lips. He was desperate. He needed this. He needed her. He needed to love her. He worked his way across her jawline and found her neck, scraping his teeth across her skin as he sucked. "Tell me you love me." His breath was hot against her neck.